But before I tell you about my visit to the A&E, let me tell you how I got there...

This afternoon against my better judgement, I decided to go for a run. The key words there are "against my better judgement". Something told me not to go for the run and there were plenty of signs not to go - my normal running gear was still damp in the dryer, I was starving, and I just did not feel like running the scheduled 13.5 miles. On the other hand, I figured that I was just feeding into my long-run fear and that I needed to buck up and go for a run - surely I would feel better in a couple of hours. Boy I could not have been more mistaken. As soon as I took the first step I felt a stabbing pain in the top of my foot, but as you can guess - I decided to continue on. I thought it was just adjustment pains (pain that you feel while your body warms up to run), but even 3 miles into the run, that pain was still there getting sharper by the step. At the 5 miler maker I decided to call it and took the tube back home (so very happy that I took my oyster card - had a feeling I was not going to be running back).

It was a bit uncomfortable to walk, but when I got to the flat I did not see any swelling or bruising, so I did not thinking anything of it. I simply got ready and went back into London to meet a friend for lunch. The lunch was lovely and had it not been for the A&E visit, I probably could make a full entry from the past couple of times that NA and I have gone out. What I will say is this...just like events on 9 Sept 1998, ?? Sept 2000 (sorry do not want to get up to find the ticket stub), 15 Sept 2001, 30 May 2005, 30 Mar 2008, and 12 July 1997 there are just some things that you don't have to work at and as hard as it is at times (especially as you grow older), you have to try to trust it.
After lunch my foot felt worse and when I reached my flat, I noticed some bruising and swelling. The pain was getting worse (coming from me), so I decided to call the emergency care number and they instructed me to go to the minor injuries unit. Yes there is a special unit for minor injuries here. Unlike the US, I did not have to wait for hours or fill out a novel of paperwork - all I needed was a name, address, a phone no, and a reason for the visit. After some quick exams (no x-ray bull), I was diagnosed and sent home. It reminded me of the time I got ill in India when I diagnosed from a simple pulse reading. So after all that - what did I do this time? I have badly sprained my ankle. I am supposed to ice, rest and elevate the ankle for the next 7 to 10 days. Oh and if I feel like it is an off day...I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO GO RUNNING! Lesson learned!
Hope you all are well. My blue foot and I are going to sleep. Going to treat myself and actually sleep in my bed for a change ;-)
xx
2 comments:
Oh honey!! Get better!! I too suggered during my long run yesterday.
My favorite thing to cook is ice cream! I am quite good at it, too.
Tini, hope you are feeling better...take care.
Post a Comment