17 May 2009

Adventures in London: Issue 43

Before I start, please allow me to apologize for not updating the blog on time. I am a couple weeks behind and I apologize for that. To be honest, I was in no shape to update the blog on Sunday...but I will explain all that later.

This has been a rather interesting week. After a challenging gym session on Monday, I went home to warm up some yummy leftover curry. While trying to dig out the dessert, I ended up dropping the entire pot on my foot. It took me a moment to realize what had just happened. I stood there in front of my fridge just staring at the Rasmalai dripping everywhere with one thought in my head, "If the Rasmalai fell inside the fridge, can I still eat it?" Yes you read me correct, for the first time I was not concerned with whether or not I injured myself or if I just delayed my training schedule...at that moment my tears were for the dessert that was splattered all over the kitchen floor (in case you are wondering, I did not eat the dessert -- come on).

After skyping my dear mom to (1) calm me down and (2) check and see if I should be worried that the top of my foot had turn deep purple, I opted to eat my dinner (having Galab Jamun instead as dessert -- rough life I know) and ice my foot rather than making a trip to the A&E. Sadly, after a client meeting the next day, I had to make a trip cause my foot was killing me. Thankfully, nothing major was wrong :-) Just several days off of training, and a lot of painkillers and ice.

The rest of the week was entertaining to say the least. I made a second and third attempt to see Wolverine, both of which I failed at. I do not think it is written in the stars for me to see this movie in the theaters. C'est la vie. It wasn't for a lack of trying, I can say that much. So what exactly prevented me from seeing Wolverine? Well the answer is work.... now before you start with me...I was happy logging in the hours that I did. I cannot put in words how much I've learned and grown in those 80+ hours. I owe a great deal to my friend NA who would not allow me to beat myself up over this pitch, no matter how hard I tried. She said that I would figure it out and by golly I did (really had no other choice about it). What drove me was the most interesting realization. I was not focused on the career, I was not focused on the exposure (I am not going to lie, they were great benefits of this project), but at the end of the day I was purely focused on not letting my mentors down. I took a massive risk moving to London for this new role, but I am not the only one who took this risk. There are others who took a risk on me too, cause they believed in me. The last thing I want to do is to let them or myself down. So when I those moments come when I loose site of the reality, I need to remember to keep the faith. To quote journey, "don't stop believin' - hold onto that feeling". Having faith does not mean that the race is not going to have it tough bits. What it does mean, is that you will finish it and you will be okay.

In the midst of the massive work week, I had a great night of dear friends, birthday celebrations and DANCING!! On Friday night, NA celebrated her birthday at a bar up near SoHo. It was literally one of the best parties that I have been to in ages! Not going to go into details. What I will say it is was great to see NA have a great time and it was also rather fetch to dance old school style (i.e. Britney vs JT style).







Well on that happy note, I am off to bed.







xoxo







T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...."it was rather fetch"....

Oh. No. Come home, quick, before youe good ole Amurcan turns into English!!

=) miss you hun.