Before I get into the events of the week, let me first start by saying... HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
MOM!!!
I wish I could be there with you to take you to Hiro's and crossgates to see Julie & Julia..just hold out for a month and I will take you - how does that sound :-) Would probably be better if I bought my ticket. Don't know why I am so reluctant to purchase my ticket for home. It is not that I don't want to go, just need to change the theme of the weekend - no longer "marathon weekend". I am going to have to come to grips with the fact that this marathon is not happening, but that is not going to stop me from celebrating my nephew's 2nd birthday!!!
So back to this week. It was a rather crazy work week with client meetings and commitments. It at times like this when you learn the most about yourself. It's funny, when things are going well people never stop to evaluate why things are going well. Companies/ people never stop and think, "you know things are going well - let me evaluate why it is so I can continue this feeling." Instead, we wait until things are in crisis mode to re-evaluate the performance or our behaviour. For me, I had some re-evaluating to do. I allowed myself to get too comfortable with my friends around here and snapped at them. With new friendship, this is something you don't do as they don't know whether this is the real you or just a bad day. I regret snapping, but through it, it made me realise the person that I am. I don't want to be that person that snaps at people when work is stressful or when I am not well, etc. It's not me...I was having a day, but that is no excuse for the behaviour.
This weekend I visit Oxford for the day. My friend had to do some work there, so I decided to join and worked as well in a coffee shop. Oxford is such a cute little town. We spent the day walking around (note to self for the next time bring a guide or look up what there is to see). We were searching for a brasilian BBQ restaurant - when we finally found it we discovered that they did not open for dinner until 1800 (leaving us 2 hours) to roam around. We went into the cute shops and ethnic food stores. Finally after the hunger officially kicked in we stopped for a light starter at a mediterranean restaurant with a cute greenhouse "outdoor" seating.
It was a nice change of pace, granted it was still a work day, but I was happy to be outside of London. I definitely want to go back to Oxford and actually see the sites. Will avoid the brasillian restaurant (as it was not that tasty and good) and the street, compared to what the town has to offer, was the most scenic.
The rest of the weekend was spent watching X-Factor (will have to explain this to you another time), logging even more hours and eating authentic Brasilian cuisine. Cannot say it was the best weekend, but it was definitely a change from the ordinary.
I hope you all are well and enjoying the fall weather :-)
xoxo
T
1 comment:
You are a self-reflective and wise woman, Tini.
Post a Comment