Dish 8 was a bit more complex invention; turkey steak roll 'stuffed' with blue cheese, fresh garlic, spinach, and stuffing all wrapped in BACON! Anything wrapped in bacon just has to be good!!! How can you go wrong?!
I am rather enjoying this NY resolution. I look forward to my Monday: new dish and Glee nights. I have even convinced a friend of mine AH to play guinea pig to my concoctions.


To reward myself for the 5K run I did at lunch time, I was was itching for a post work drink. Ironically so was Diamond. We met up for a spur of the moment happy hour celebration at my favourite Champagne Charlies (boy will I miss my local watering hole when we move).




It was a nice catch up with Diamond. We are both adjusting to our new roles at work. It is hard position to be in when you don't have a solid work plan and are more on the developing side of things. Granted her and I are developing VERY different products, but it is exciting. We are learning....everyday is about learning and exploring a new facet of the digital space that you never knew existed. I am all about how to measure and monitor it and Diamond is all about how to sell it. Between the group that we have here, we should start our own media boutique company. Wouldn't that be something?!?!
On Friday, I went to what has now become a fortnight gathering for drinks and dinner at Salisbury. The Salisbury is your typical English pub, high ceilings with a quaint old feel. Why do I like this pub...well they have quenched my desire for burgers. Not eating beef has been challenging from time to time, but when you find a pub that serves bison and venison burgers is my new favourite watering hole. It was a lovely evening hanging out with new friends chatting and laughing over a delicious meal and scotch. Really what else could you ask for from a Friday night. Generally not one to go out on Friday nights, but if it is with the right crew and delivers on good food and drink my rubber arm can be twisted ;-)
On Saturday, AH and I made a trip to Hampstead Heath to enjoy the 'sunny' weather. Well that was the plan anyway. Instead by the time we reached the park (due to a tour of London for a pink shirt) we were greeted with hails and rain. Thankfully this did not last long so we were able to walk around the wet and muddy park - - which also meant a wet and dirty dog. Any and every mud patch that was in the park, Tye found and made sure to roll around in it. Not really a dog person for that reason, but you cannot fault a dog that is having fun. Hampstead Heath is beautiful. I wish I had come here prior to taking Mum here as I could have showed her the Parliament Hill and the amasing views of London. Was also rather wicked to see all the kite fliers!! You could just site there for hours people watching and enjoying the views. Shame for the wet and muddy grass...next time.
That evening we went to Corrine's 3rd annual VDay party. It was my first time attending one of her legendary parties. I thought I had thrown parties and been to a party, but I was mistaken. For her VDay party, Corrine hand paints champagne flutes for each of her guest with their names on it. We are not talking 4 flutes...we are talking 4 dozen flutes (which is also the number of cases of champagne ordered for the bash). If the flutes were not enough, she had a spread of both savoury and sweet foods including deviled eggs, chicken wings, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, chocolate covered pretzels and being Corrine - - nothing was ordered in. I test ran dish #9 - black forest sticky balls which is chocolate and cherry sticky balls in a cherry brand syrup sauce. I knew this one was going to be a risk and it was. There was something in the flavouring that did not work, but will not give up on my themed sticky balls!
The following day we all celebrated our 3rd annual CNY dim sum gathering. We changed it up slightly and went to a new dim sum restaurant near Baker St. I was a bit skeptical... you know how much I love change - especially when it involves food. That said...who was I kidding!! This was Bren and Si -- of course they wouldn't let us down!! This new place (sorry I have forgotten the name), was absolutely lovely and the food was out of this world. Just like every year, the dishes kept coming and coming. No matter how many times we groaned that we were full, we still continued to eat. I was slightly bummed this year that Si and I could not get our traditional order of tripe. Once again...not eating beef strikes again. That said, I am so pleased that my BBQ dumplings are made of pork...those are just pure heaven in a bun.
Well on that note, I wish you all the best.
Miss you and love you tons
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment