So let's see what else. Well as the subject suggest, I am writing you this email from NYC. Should have written it last night, but I was too tired to write a proper update. I flew back home on Thursday night and I fly to London Tuesday morning. When I was on the flight over I kept thinking 6 nights was a substantial trip and sufficient enough to spend time with family and friends. Now that it is Monday, I cannot help but feel like it was nothing. This trip has been a blur - probably because my body was on NYC time in the evening and London time in the morning.
It has been a good trip. I have truly loved spending time with my family. Realized that although I pay rent in London, my home will always be 10 Park (I hope by saying that I don't have to start contributing to the mortgage - jk). I thought I would miss having an apartment here, but I have truly enjoyed staying with my brother (and friends when required). Seeing Kadin has been nothing less than amazing. I was a bit sadden that his first reaction when he saw me was to scream bloody murder, but after a couple of days he has finally warmed up to me :-)
If there is one thing that I wish I could take back to London, it would NOT be BBQ, Mac N Cheese, crispy bacon, mexican food, candy, American TV shows...it would be my brother (well knowing that wherever he goes Jamila and Kadin are not too far behind).
It has been nice catching up with friends. This trip has definitely proven that despite being 4000 miles away, we will always remain the closest and dearest of friends. Miss you all with all my heart. Thank you for a lovely couple of evenings.
Well I am off to explore NYC and be the tourist that I am!
Keep in touch!
xoxo
T
PS: The attached photo is from last week's football tournament! I have no downloaded photos from this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment