07 September 2008

Adventures in London: Issue 7

Week 2 without internet, so you this is another BB update. I am in themiddle of cooking chicken with a red Thai curry sauce, so this may need to be brief.

What a week! It's been filled with some highs and sadly some lows.Where shall I start... Will start with the high.

Today I went to Battersea park to play football (soccer) for an IAAtournament. Let me say I was at quite the disadvantage for 2 reasons.1 - I have not played it over 15 years, 2 - I call the sport soccer. Istruggled with the first game, but by game 6 I was enjoying myself. Itwas nice to be playing a team sport. I reckon however that I will beslightly sore tomorrow.

Saturday I had an American evening. There is a restaurant/pub herethat shows American sports, so the Americans went to watch somecollege football and eat BBQ! The experience was no where close towatching in the US and having nachos and wings, but it was worth it.Strange moment was discovering that a friend that I met here went toBU during my time and lived around the corner from me in NYC.Ironically, she lived in the building that I was originally going tolive in befor my sister-in-law and brother saw the apartment on park.While talking with her, I realized that I was pleased to bring cominghome this week!

Thursday was the best! Monday marked the series premiere of gossipgirl. Being the obsessive and geeky person that I am, I made it mymission to find a way to watch it in London. I am happy to report thatI succeeded. Thankfully I am not the only gossip girl geek! This isgoing to be an exciting season!

So onto the unfortunate events of this week. My shipment arrived onFriday. Although all my boxes arrived, some of the contents weremissing. Sadly that was the one box that I was looking forward tohaving. Box #19 containing all my frames, photos and paintings. Yup,all gone. I have had time to deal with situation, but I am stillannoyed and disappointed by the matter. It is not the money attachedto the items - in fact money wise it was not that big of a deal toreplace the items. The sentimental value attached to those itemshowever, that is another thing. Had a photo of my brother and I inIndia, a family photo in front of the taj mahal, a photo of my dadthat my godfather gave us, the first print I bought in SoHo, thepainting that Mike gave me for Christmas, among others. Trying to bepositive about the situation and that the contents will be found.

Well on that note, I am going to sign off. Dinner is prepared! Hopeyou all are well. Drop me a line and let me know how things are - howwere the last summer travels, what did you do for labour day, how iss chool going....

Xoxo

T

No comments: