This week has been rather uneventful. The most eventful thing has been getting internet and cable. I also learned how to cook burfi! Tonight I am off to an American Football party (the Chargers and the Saints are playing in London). Pretty bummed about the Red Sox not making it to the world series after making such a lovely come back - guess you cannot have it all. Was hoping to give Kadin back-to-back wins for his 1st birthday, but looks like I will have to think of something else.
These past couple of weeks it has truly hit me that I live in London. It is such a change of lifestyle and the customs are definitely different. A part of me feels like I am back in college. You are immersed in a new environment forced to develop new circles and friends. The hard part is that you just left a circle and lifestyle that you did not have to work at. I have taken a million steps back on that front. Feel like I am dating again - you want to get to know people, but you are cautious of what you say/do so you are not taken the wrong way. You want to be yourself, but also don't want to scare people away with your OCD habits - haha. Thus far, I am doing pretty well, but I have had my hiccups of misunderstandings. Americans are quite quick to forge friendships, but they tend to fizzle out too. Brits on the other hand are hard people to crack, but once you do they are friends for life.
I was talking to a friend of mine from home the other week. We were talking about how with this move I will go to the 5 stages of mourning - denial, depression, anger, negotiation, and finally acceptance. I think I am at the "depression" stage right now. I have been missing everyone from back home - my family, my girls and most of all my nephew. I had a dream the other night that I came back to visit and he was already talking. The dream got me thinking that I am going to miss out on all of that stuff - first steps, first words, first tooth... suppose I have to use that as motivation to make most of this experience. Need to make it worth it (and I would like to think that I have been). But with all the said, I cannot wait to come home - see you all at the end of the week.
If you are interested in Skyping then please let me know. I hope that the blog works out better - I will be sure to post more photos, sorry I do not have any photos from this week. My camera equipment and cords are at the office.
I will go back and post the old entries (so you can clear your inboxes) with more photos.
Miss you all and love you with all my heart! Happy Diwali!
xoxo
T
8 comments:
Tini, I hope I get to see your face cheering me on next weekend! No doubt you are winning the hearts of every limey, uh, Brit, you meet over there. hugs, and welcome to the blogosphere.
i can't wait to see you this weekend! i'm all in for some coffee on saturday. keep me posted on what works best with your schedule. i miss you tons! what is burfi?
Tini, its always great to hear from you! Hope you have a great time visiting U.S. When's that promised trip to sunny CA?! Hope soon...
TK, So glad that you are having fun in London. Keep posting. I am living vicariously through you.
TK (Pigtails) - you know I will be there! Run fast though, cause I have my nephew's birthday party to attend and photograph xx
Scriber - think you meant to say TS not TK :-(
Think you should just come to London so we can adventure together. Come during the ONE week it is summer here so you don't have temperature shock from the Austin weather
Burfi is an indian sweet - you've probably had it at my house
Bela Masi - the thought of warm CA weather is very tempting right now...
Post a Comment