16 November 2008

Adventures in London Issue 17

Has another week really come and gone?! Sadly there is not much to report this week. It has just been a normal work week and thus no real adventures to share.  I got my first London cold - not as exciting as I thought it was going to be. Friday morning I woke up and started getting ready for work, but ultimately called in sick cause I was in no shape to go into the office. I think the past several weeks of traveling, visitors and exploring London caught up to me a bit. I still do not feel a 100%, but after a relaxing weekend I feel much better. 

Yesterday a couple of us finally went to see Quantum of Solace in Hampstead. We went to the Everyman theatre which consists of velvet sofas, table service and a snack menu. It was definitely the ideal way to watch QoS! I HIGHLY suggest going to see that movie (but I would recommend seeing Casino Royale first). 

Today a few of us went to Elephant & Castle for Dim Sum. All I have to saw is they had Char Siu Bao (steamed bun with bbq pork) :-)

Really wish there was more to share. I have absolutely fallen for Skype! I think that is by far the coolest software out there. This morning, I got to see my nephew this morning which was a sincere delight. I cried a bit when I ended the session - cannot believe he is changing so much. He got his first haircut and looks like a grown man! Last night I got to catch up with a "cousin" of mine and all the news on the girl which was great to hear. I definitely been missing my core group of girls this week. Although I am happy to have moved, I am sad that I have moved so far from them. I was able to deal with the move cause I knew I had my 2 trip home. Now, I have no idea when I will be back stateside - my next trip is not scheduled until Nov 2009 for the NYC marathon. That is just too long to wait!

Switching topics - 

I do have some things to look forward to. Next weekend, the Americans are going to throw Thanksgiving here. Nothing like going home and watching my brother dance with the turkey before he cooks it - but that is what I get for moving 6000 miles away :-( Maybe missing out on the Thanksgiving fun, but on the other hand, I am going to Vienna in December for the Christmas Market!! I am looking forward to the holidays now as my mom is going to be here for a visit! I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to her visit (my friends here are looking forward to her visit as they cannot wait for home cooked Indian food). Should be fun touring and exploring the city together - we have not done that since Boston!!

On that note, I am quite hungry so I am going to prepare myself dinner. 

Miss you all

xoxo

T


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see Quantum of Solace, and you SHOULD be takinga dvantage of all the European traditions & festivals while you're over there in the UK. Thanksgiving, Schmanksgiving.

Kristin said...

too bad about the cold! :-(
i think we are linked b/c i was sick this week too. the chicken matzo ball soup is simmering though. i think that's the cure. i don't think it would make it through the royal mail.
LOVE YOU!!

Scriber's Web said...

It is great that your Mom is coming over. You will have a fabulous time! I have a question about London that I posted on my blog. Do you know what this is?

http://scribersweb.blogspot.com/2008/11/london-skyline-photo.html