For 35 weeks, I have written to you all. I never truly realized how important this has become to me. I cannot really explain it, but thank you! Knowing that I am going to "talk" to you each week motivates me to make the most of the week. And for those weeks that have not been the best, it provides me with the opportunity to look for the sliver lining. Without knowing it (or maybe you knew and I didn't get the clue), you have helped me through my happy moments, AND especially my sad ones. You all have been the first people I think about when I discover something new, see a new site in the UK, etc. But friends and family are not the ones that are around when you are happy, but those that are around when you are not. Believe you me, you have been there during those moments - you've gotten me through the long runs, spin class when I am asked to challenge it, the 14th hour at the office...Knowledge is a powerful thing and the knowledge that you all are there has given me the strength and will power to fight through. So thank you!!!
This weekend has been rather nice. I think the only thing that could have made it better was if I actually went for a run rather than thinking of going for one. A friend of mine gave me a website so I could catch up on American TV - - and boy did I this weekend. I have watched a full season of one of my favorite shows :-) Productive I know, but we all deserve a lazy weekend right?
Yesterday, the boys and I went to see Gran Torino. It was...well an interesting movie. Thought Clint Eastwood did a brilliant job given the subject matter, but it was not the most uplifting movie to see on a Saturday.
After the movie, we all went to Tower Hill for some March Madness and BBQ at Bodean's. It was not the ideal situation to watch the final four game, but we were doing the best with what we were given. We had a lovely evening of pitchers of LI Ice Tea, tons of meat, chili fries, cream corn, and nachos....oh and there was the UCONN vs Missouri game in the background. As much as I am not a college BB person, the game is even duller when there is no sound. I know, I have no problem watching the marathon, tennis, and even cricket - but BB is just not my cup of tea. That said, I am looking forward to October when we all go to the O2 to see the NBA game in London :-) I am just full of paradoxes...

Speaking of college sports - - I am rather sad that there was no method to follow along with the BU Men's Hockey team this season. Of all seasons to miss out on too. I am currently "watching" the Regional Finals between UNH and BU! There is about 6:04 left in the 3rd so I am praying that the Terriers score so I can sleep. I love watching BU hockey live, will settle for watching on the TV, but refreshing the ESPN.com window is simply frustrating. Watching the Sox and the US Open online is not that bad, but hockey..that is a whole other story. C'est la vie!! Go Terriers!!!
And with that, I just checked the score. It is 0:15 left in the 3rd and BU just scored :-) Congrats guys on making it to the Frozen Four!
On that note, I am off to bed!! Have a big day tomorrow. My living room leak is finally getting fixed (fingers crossed). Let's hope they finish everything before my "Festival of Nations" party on Saturday.
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment