12 July 2009

Adventures in London: Issue 51

I don't have a lot to write about regarding this week. Sad, but true. Believe it or not, but I have gone a full week without taking a single picture. Despite Mom being here, a work trip to Milan and visits with family friends, not a single photo. To be honest, I have not had a single ounce of energy to bother. 

A friend of mine at work and I had an interesting conversation one day after work regarding relationships and marriage, etc. We both get a bit of slack for the the number of hours that we put in. We are not unaware of the fact that we are not married or that we spend too much time working. It is not that we don't want to get married (okay I am talking solely for me now), cause we do. I do think about wanting to be a plus one. To find a person that I can spend my life smiling with. That looks at me like they just won the lottery, like a mom looks at her newborn for the first time. For a girl who has a preference for even numbers, I have certainly be odd for too long. 

I guess the thing for me is, I am not ready to plateau at work. I am not at a stage with my career that I can say that I am ready to settle down. There is so much more I want to achieve in the workplace and the time that is required to do that does not leave me much time for other things. Even training has taken a back seat when things get busy. I know I would not to be fair to anyone else in my life. Right or wrong, but work right now is my number one priority.  May not always make me the happiest camper in the world, but it is the one thing that I can control. I cannot control or have a say in what the stars have written for me. 

I know this sounds all like excuses. The truth is, when you find the person you are meant to be with, it doesn't matter what else is going on. It will just fall into place. So when it is time, I will find that person that I can make my own sundaes with, go hiking in the clouds with, bike across the twin bridges with, run in the rain with.... Someone that when I look into their eyes, I see home. Maybe I will find that (again). 

Well sorry I don't have more to write about.  On the work front, I went to Milan on Thursday for a client meeting. It was an absolute nightmare getting the material ready for this meeting, but it was worth the effort as the meeting well brilliantly. This weekend since I was work free,  Mom and I enjoyed the weekend by shopping (picked up some new perfumes and "skinny" jeans) and eating pani puri and spending time with some of Mom's friends in Morden. 

Not very exciting of an update, but it is the best I can do. 

xx

T

No comments: