21 February 2010

Adventures in London: Issue 83

It has been a quite week. To be honest, I would rather not go into any of it. I celebrated 6 years at Mindshare on Tuesday...so that was a good day. It was then followed by events that have made me question pretty much everything I wrote last week. I still keep my faith though that there is a reason for all of this madness. Who knows, maybe I am the one who is mad.

Not only did Tuesday mark my 6 years working at Mindshare, but it was also Pancake day (aka Mardi Gras)!! You know, it may have been 18 months, but I still prefer American pancakes over English pancakes. I cannot get used to the notion of English pancakes with lemon and sugar. The day I switch over will be the day that I need to move back to the States. Pancakes are meant to be had with Maple Syrup & butter!!!

On Friday, I celebrated yet another leaving do party for a friend. Kevin and I go way back. We shared a cube together back in WorldWide plaza when we first started. Then we forced apart with the move to Seventh Ave. Over my 6 year relationship with Mindshare, Kevin has always been apart of it. A month after I told Kevin that I would be moving to London he delighted me with the news that he would be joining me as well. Now he is off to Singapore to explore a new role. Will I follow? Time will tell. I did say that I would go back to the States via Asia, but I don't know if now is the time to make that move. I have too many reasons to stay in London right now. Right now is not my time to leave....it is my time to stay and see what lies ahead.

Kevin, I wish you all the best on this next chapter, but please remember where your home is. Come back!

Well this is a short post.

Hope you all are well

xx

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least Kevin is still with the company! There have been a few people over the years who have left my company and it's never been the same since.