On Monday, Powers and I gorged down on a Pizza Hut family dinner, whilst we watched Glee. I am absolutely obsessed with this show. I am hoping the plot line gets a bit better, but coming from the girl that watches Gossip Girl, 90210 and just recently the New Melrose Place - I really don't need a good plot to follow a show :-) What this show has that the others mentioned don't is musical numbers and brilliant one-liners. If there could only be a Sue Sylvester in every show.
On Friday, a bunch of us went to Karaoke Box for Jessica's Hen Do. I was convinced to sing a couple of songs - granted they were the musical broadway numbers. Powers and I sang Alone together and decided to put the Glee spin to the number. I am not much of a karaoke fan, in fact would do everything possible to avoid singing, but that night I went for it. I blame the fancy dress them of us all going as Pop Stars for my desire to pick up the mic and sing. You know, with the right crowd and the right song - it can actually be fun. Again, I blame the Cheryl Cole outfit...I do not reckon I will be back on the karaoke stage for a long while.
On Saturday, it was off to the Monster Ball with Lady Gaga at the O2. I went into the show a bit skeptical to be honest. I did not know what to expect, but after the performances on the Grammy's and X-Factor I was certainly expecting a spectacle. I have to admit, the show was actually go. The long costume changes took away from the momentum of the show, but Lady Gaga is certainly talented that is for sure. She is a freak, but she has talent.
It has been a good week. I managed to do a couple of training sessions which are going well. I am not doing anything serious and I am struggling not to push it. I was an even better weekend spending time with the girls. The sad realisation however has been that two nights out surely does tire me. I yawning at 1130 and grey hair is an indication that I just cannot socialise like I used to. Tell you a secret? I don't miss it.

Coach Peters - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you are having a lovely day today and celebrating with a long bike run and some ice cream. (I also hope that I got the date right and did not mess it up like I have for the past 7 years - haha)
Hope you all are well.
Miss you and love you more
xx
T
2 comments:
I too love those mad evenings of socializing, but must find the proper rest to counterbalance them. Love your dress, Tini! You look pretty.
Thanks TK - tell you another secret. I am actually wearing a corset :-) A first for everything.
Post a Comment