21 March 2010

Adventures in London: Issue 87

I wish I had something exciting to share from this week, but sadly I do not. It has been a week of GFDI, "hanging in there", high frustration levels and low patience levels. I am generally known for my high patience levels. That said, my mom used to compare me to a volcano. I am generally calm and composed, but when provoked.....well you all have taken earth science and know what can happen to volcanoes (and hopefully know that they do not erupt often). It takes a lot to push me over the edge, but when I feel like I am back into a corner I am like a bull in a china shop and there is nothing classy or dignified about that. Trusting the wrong people can come back to bite you and hurt the people you care about dearly and sincerely. Some times when you barely have the energy to keep you eyes opens, monitoring the filter on your mouth is difficult. That is not a reason nor does it excuse certain behaviours (and for that I am sorry).

As I have nothing else to share from this week, I have decided to take this opportunity to answer the question of the week. I have not done this since Issue 54, so I have a lot to catch up on....let's get started.
  • Issue 53: What is the last thing you drank? Water
  • Issue 54: Laces on your trainers, tied or untied after you take them off? Untied - always. It is bad for your shoes and ankles to keep them tied
  • Issue 55: When is the last time you went running? I am sad to say it was a 5K on 14 March
  • Issue 56: What were you doing this time last week? Having lunch at Chilango with Big E and the 30th Birthday Pub Crawl crew
  • Issue 57: What country would you like to visit the most and why? There are too many - Italy and Brasil are up there. Plus I would like to explore S.E.A
  • Issue 58: What is your favourite excel function? sumifs
  • Issue 59:
  • Issue 60: What was the last CD you purchased? Jay-Z, the Blueprint 3
  • Issue 61: Are you a coke or pepsi fan? COKE
  • Issue 62: What are you getting dressed up as for Halloween? I did not
  • Issue 63: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 2015, 3 years after the London Olympics and a 1 year before the Brasil games? Either back in the States or finding an excuse to move to Brasil
  • Issue 64: What is your favorite sport to watch? What team/player do you support? Am a fan of marathon running (too many to list but main are Paula Radcliffe, any of the 3 women from the 2008 Olympics marathon team, and Kara Goucher), tennis (Justin Henin & Roger Federer) and baseball (Boston Red Sox)
  • Issue 65: What are you wearing right now (i.e. while you are reading this) White pajama trousers and a porky pig tee shirt
  • Issue 66: What is the last book you read? Super Freakeconomics and am almost finished with Born to Run.
  • Issue 67: Would you rather pick apple or harvest potatoes for a living? Would love to pick apples and it would mean I would get to climb trees.
  • Issue 68:Where did you spend TG? What was your top 3 dishes? Spent TG in London (Clapham North) and my top three dishes are mashed potatoes, stuffing and corn bake (LL's midwestern style)
  • Issue 69: Have you seen "Where the Wild Things Are"? Would you recommend? Yes and it was okay. More of a DVD rental
  • Issue 70: When is your birthday and what is your mailing address? 24 April; 13 Houghton Sq - SW9 9AN
  • Issue 71: What did you do today? Still early, but thus far - drank a capuccino and made pancakes
  • Issue 72:What is your favorite dessert by season? Summer = Banana split, Fall = pecan pie, Winter = Creme Brulee, Spring = Banoffee Pie. (plus any indian dessert)
  • Issue 73: What did you do on Christmas Day (25 Dec)? How do you normally celebrate the day? Spent the day in Streatham at a friend's place. Normally I am in Niskayuna with the family enjoying coffee, pancakes and munchkins.
  • Issue 74: Do you read these emails/blog posts? Yes I read them - and I know mom reads them as I normally read them to her ;-)
  • Issue 75: What was the last movie you saw in the theatre? What did you think of it? Alice in Wonderland in 3D - interesting, but not as entertaining as I thought it was going to be.
  • Issue 76: Do you drink coffee, tea or juice in the morning? Coffee
  • Issue 77: What is your next vacation planned? Austin, TX & NY, NY; 19 - 30 May 2010
  • Issue 78: What is your favorite Michael Jackson song? The way you make me feel
  • Issue 79: What are your top 3 songs on your iPod/iTunes or what CD is in your player? 1. Morning After Dark 2. Fire Burning 3. Closer
  • Issue 80: Do you like roller-coasters? When was the last time you were on one? Not really - especially the wooden one. The last time I went on one was 13 June with my B Mak.
  • Issue 81: What is the last dream you remember? Last night, I was at Ken Lo's wedding (though he was not in the dream, just knew it was his wedding) and it was in this mall type place where you had to swim to get from one side to the other (some how when you got out of the pool you were not wet). There were some people from work there and my outfit kept changing every room I went to..very bizzare dream.
  • Issue 82: Can you roll your tongue? Are your ear lobes attached? What about your parents? Yes & Yes! I think Mom can too, don't know about Dad
  • Issue 83:What is your current job and how long have you been there? Mindshare - 6 years
  • Issue 84: Fill in the blank "Peanut butter and _____________ sandwich". What is your ideal combo? Raspberry Jam
  • Issue 85: What is your favourite painting? The one hanging on my bedroom wall
  • Issue 86: What kind of car do you drive? Do not drive and hence do own a car. I have never owned a car.
Hope you all are well

Miss you dearly

xoxo

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see you!