I have probably bought DOZENS of Beard Papas cream puffs in NYC, yet it took me moving to London to finally eat one. Why!?! Why did not try one earlier. These things are just pure heaven. They are the definition of sin..or are those marcaroons? I am confused now. I don't go out of my way, but every time I pass the Beard Papa shop on Oxford I have to treat myself to one. These week I was treated with back-to-back deliciousness (how lucky am I). It has been a nice week of catching up with the girls for some post-work shopping in preparation of our weekend in Barcelona! That said, I think we bought more food than clothing for the weekend. Hmm going to be interesting when it comes to going to the beach :-)
On Friday, Powers and I went to see Tonic Fold at St Paul's Church in Covent Garden. A bunch of us from the running club were going to see the show, so I thought I would go as well. I had no idea what to expect except that the music was "classical with a twist". I was thoroughly blown away when the band started performing. The 12+ orchestra band led by Shane Cullian and guest starring 4 singers were an absolute delight to see. The voices of the four singers complemented each other and filled the church walls. I wish we sat closer to the front so we could hear the vocals a bit more.
Sometimes the best weekends are the ones you least expect. Early in the week I was treated with the news that Courtney & Kirk were going to be in town for a visit from Edinburgh. It was a delightful surprise to say the least. We decided to go see "Comedy of Errors" in Regent's park. I have been living in London for nearly 2 years and within one week I went to Regent's park twice. All this time here and I never came up north. The London sun was in full flesh on Saturday which made watching the show a bit of a meltdown. That said, it was a rather lovely performance. Took a bit to figure out what was going on, but it was good fun.
After the comedy of errors (and another ice cream), we walked around the park and caught up whilst laying under a bunch of trees. It was nice to just sit in the park, reminiscing about the college years and just embracing the moment. You don't always need to rush from place to place. Sometime, just taking the time out to the enjoy the sunshine is just fine. We continued the night with a some starters and explored a new neighborhood for a delicious italian dinner. It is fun just walking around this great city and coming across new neighborhoods. It is rare that we go to new parts of London, especially in west London as none of live over there nor do we have a reason to go out that way. On Sunday, I went up to Primrose Hill for the first time to meet up with Courtney and Kirk for brunch before they headed off. It was a really nice weekend catching up. I cannot remember the last time when the three of us had the chance to have a true heart to heart conversation. It is amasing the pressure that some of us put on ourselves.
Well, on that note - hope you are well and enjoying the summer (while it last). Oh and happy 7-11!!!
xoxo
T
No comments:
Post a Comment