On Wednesday, Mom joined me for running club and the post run dinner. It was nice to have Mom meet the club. It was also nice to be able to run the full course without stopping. What a great feeling all around :-) On Thursday, we went for burgers at Guerilla Burgers in Christopher Place for burgers and an oreo cookie milkshake. Can someone tell me what it is about oreo cookie milkshakes that are so good. I can have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is nothing like a good milkshake!
On Friday, Simone allowed us to join her for her drive to Kent and dropped us off in Whistable for the day. I honestly do not know what it is about Whistable, but I absolutely adore this place. The fact that it is an oyster town could have something to do with it :-) I had never really walked around Whistable much, so Mom and I toured around the streets and shops a bit. As you can guess, it made me fall in love even more. We found this cute little Tudor tea place and enjoyed some scones and tea cakes in the garden. It was truly a lovely day and I am pleased that I got to introduce Mom to Whistable and Guinness battered oysters. She is not yet a fan of plain oysters, but I will get her there. At least this time she tried one :-)
The last couple of times Mom came for a visit the only markets that I really knew about were the local Venn Street market and Borough. This visit I was happy to be able to show Mom the other glorious markets around London, including Camden Market. We spent nearly 3 hours walking around the market, going in and out of stalls and yet we probably saw half of what the market had to offer. Camden is not meant for everyone, but I think Mom enjoyed the food stalls and especially the cute little jewelry and trinket shops. I absolutely adore having Mom here in London and having the ability to take her around. A month is not enough though. Sounds like a long time, but it is definitely not enough to fully see the city, eat at all the restaurants and explore what the city has to offer.
That said, this visit is not all about being a tourist. This visit has also been about showing what living in London is all about. In the day time we have been going out, but the evenings have been filled with Mom cooking dinner (yummmy) and catching up on movies. On Sunday, we had plans to watch Eclipse with Naomi. Mom's initial reaction to the vampire movie was heck no, but after sitting her down and making her watch both Twilight and New Moon (yup, convinced Mom to do a movie marathon) on Saturday night she was rather looking forward to the third installment of the twilight saga. You won't catch her reading the books, but I suspect that she will be at Crossgates when New Dawn comes out.
After Camden we went straight to the Clapham Picturehouse to meet up with Naomi for the movie. Despite having seen the movie a couple of weeks prior, I was rather excited to watch the movie with Mom and Naomi. It felt nice catching up with my London sister and Mom. It has been a while since I had the opportunity to do that with both of those ladies. All and all, it was a good Sunday. All and all, it was a good week. Yeah it had its moments, but what week doesn't. The important thing is that Sunday was a good day. Focus on those days - the ones when you laugh, when the sun shines, when you embrace the moment. All the others...forget them. They are not worth your energy or brain waves to remember.
Hope you all are well
xoxo
T
No comments:
Post a Comment