
It is funny how things workout sometimes. I was scheduled to have dinner with my cousin. Whilst waiting in a cafe, I got notification that he was running late and that my manager from NY was in town. The timing worked out that I was able to catch up with LDS for a quick drink as his hotel was just around the corner from where I was. It was nice to catch up with LDS. We chatted about work for a bit, digital analytics and then quickly moved on to his kids and life here in London. It was good to catch up with an old friend and reminisce about the MS NY days. We have both come a long way. Me probably more so than him and it was a good reminder of the path that I have travelled to date to get to be where I am. I needed a little bit of reminding. My cousin met us at the hotel and after a quick drink we made a move to Oodle Noodle. It was a great night filled with some heart touching conversation and eye-opening discussions. I am so pleased and thankful that tonight worked out. It has meant a lot.

To kick off the weekend, Kiehl's had thrown a private event at their flagship store in Covent Garden for the running club. They were launching a new outdoor line and they allowed us into the store after hours for some skin care consulting, product testing and cupcakes. Not a bad way to spend a Friday night right?! It had been some time since I had been to practice so it was nice to catch up with members of the club and meeting the runners on the other nights. After the event, we went our for a couple of beers and then I was keen to call it a night. I hate to admit it, but I cannot stay up late anymore. All those post-30 rumours are sadly true. Life just slows down. You have to too. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I am happy to slow down...some paces are not meant to be sustained.

On Saturday, I had the great pleasure of having dinner with my best friend from NYC. How grand!?! Granny and her Mom were visiting London for a few days. Not going to lie, I was rather chuffed ever since I got her email saying she was going to be in town.
Saturday the three of us caught up over dinner at PJ's pub in Chelsea. It was a top night of chatting, reminiscing and living in the moment. I am so pleased to have the time with Granny here in London. I wish I had looked up a place to eat, but must say that I quite enjoyed PJ's and would certainly make a trip back for their steak tartare. Rather odd to order a plate of raw meat, but I truly love it.
It has been a truly top week. It has been filled with moments and nights that I will cherish.
xoxo
T
No comments:
Post a Comment