19 September 2010

Adventures in London: Issue 113

The afternoon started out so well. I woke up to a clean flat (many thanks to my cousin for staying late to help me clean and put away the leftovers). I went into SoHo to meet up with Powers for brunch. After brunch I went to a cafe to write (yes I have started writing again). It was a great afternoon and then it went all wrong. All I ever wanted was balance. I am not a person who just walks away - perhaps I should be. I believe in people and I care about them. Not saying that others don't, but some people find it easy to push people aside, to dismiss a bond that you share with someone. In any relationship (work, friend, romance), there has to be balance. Relationships cannot work if you don't have it.

Relationship. That is a interesting word. What does that exactly mean? According to the oxford dictionary:
Pronunciation: /rɪˈleɪʃ(ə)nʃɪp/ noun - the way in which two or more people or things are connected, or the state of being connected
I am in a state of mind right now where I am questioning ALL my relationships. The one I have with work, with my family, my friends and romance ones I have had. How do you know what is true anymore? How do you know what is worth fighting for? How do you know what is worth your effort and what is not anymore? In the law of economics, there always needs to be an equilibrium if not you fall into either a deficit or surplus and one party has to suffer before equilibrium is restored. Just need to have faith that equilibrium exist. Whatever you put out there will come back - whether it is in the short run or long run.

Changing topics!!

On Tuesday I went to Hi Sushi in SoHo with Diamond. It had been over a year since she and I went out on a "date" to catch up just the two of us. We order the all-you-can eat sushi buffet and destroyed it. It was tempting to go for another round of sushi, but we decided not to. It was probably a smart decision as we were both suffering for sushi overdose when we left the restaurant. I adore SoHo. It reminds me of the west village back in NYC; great vibe, lovely restaurants and always something new to try and experience. You never bore of walking around the neighborhood.

Speaking of trying new places, on Friday after the running club social, a bunch of us went out for a Malaysian dinner. On a side note, I think I am going to qualify for the "attends everything except group run" award. We went into Chinatown for Malaysian. I really have no idea what we ordered - TinSing does all of our ordering when we go out. It can be a booked restaurant, but he some how works his magic and we get a table. Minutes later it is filled with loads of delicious food. It was such a lovely night hanging out with my running buddies.

What followed the next day is unbelievable. I had past by the Garrick theatre a couple of time and saw adverts for Lynda Carter At Last. Not really know what the show would be about or any idea that Lynda Carter sang I emailed details of the show to see if others would be interested. I am actually really pleased that there were no takers. I did something new and went to the show solo. Why? Well for me it was my night with Dad. He was a fan of Lynda Carter - - or rather Wonder Woman. I remember Mom being "displeased" when she came home one day to find me watching re-runs of Wonder Woman on Sci Fi. I never really watched Wonder Woman nor did I grow up watching or listening to her. So why then did I see the show? To be honest I don't know really. Just felt the desire to see the show. Sounds flaky, but I honest felt that this was something that Dad and I were doing together. I did not feel alone once and for the first time, felt like he was with me.

It is a good thing he was, as the concert was truly amasing. What does Lynda Carter sing? A mix of everything really. She has a sultry jazz voice so much of her songs are the classics with some of her own thrown in there for flavour. It was an intimate concert in which she chatted with the audience between songs.

After the show a number of people stayed behind to chit chat with the band. A bunch of got into talking and well cutting a long story short, I got asked to join for the post show dinner at Browns. Yup, who knew that one of my go to restaurants in London would also be the place I would meet Lynda Carter. It was an interesting evening to say the least, but one in which I was not phased by (much). Best "father-daughter" date.

Hope you all are well.

xoxo

T

No comments: