11 March 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 188

This week started still in the Lake District. We opted to just chill on Monday. After a very activity weekend of biking and hiking, strolling the town streets was just what was in order.

Not much to share about the town. Small, quaint, cobble streets. You know. We walked about the main street for some time, did some shopping, went to a little cafe for what can only be described as a very interesting lunch. After lunch we made our way back to London town. Learnt something new on the trip back....and that is what a red engine light means. Nothing to worry or panic about. If I only knew that then.

I would rather forget the rest of the week. It really isn't one worth remembering. Learn from it, draw a line under it and move on! Enough said about that.

Over the weekend we celebrated KV's birthday with a night of comedy and clubbing. It was a top night if I must say. Who knew...there was a pub by our old office that did £5 comedy night on Saturdays. Who knew that for less that a £20 you could enjoy a bottle of wine and a night of comedy. I wouldn't say it was the best comedy show ever, but it was indeed rather entertaining. We may have annoyed the people around us, but that is what you get when you put a bunch of buzzed Yanks in the front row...;-)

After the comedy show we went our dancing. I cannot remember when the last time was that I went out dancing (and not at a wedding). It was wicked fun. Turned out to be a rather late night and therefore a rather slow Sunday morning, but it was well worth it.

Spent most of Sunday recovering from the birthday, but soldiered up for a 5 mile run outdoors. Did not think I would have managed that, but was pleased to have run the full 5miles without stopping :-) Here's to things getting better!

Hope you all are well. Miss you all dearly and truly!

xxx

T

No comments: