13 May 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 197

How can you possibly go from 30 degrees to 6!!! It is pure torture I tell you. Thank goodness I changed from shorts into jeans before boarding the plane. Will say I did ALMOST walk off the plane with PJ bottoms on (for the first time decided to change into comfy sleeping trousers for the flight. Realised when the fasten seat belt came on for landing, that I still had them on. Took a blanket and some clever maneuvering, but I was thankfully able to change back into jeans. Wouldn't have been so bad, but striped PJ bottoms and a checkered shirt just don't go together :-P

This week has not been the most pleasant for me. Situation at work is not very pleasant. For 8 yrs, I have dedicated myself to this company thinking I was working towards something and to be someone. Actions this week by the new management have me thinking whether this is a company worth being apart of anymore. Think my days of being purple many be up....we shall see. Just want to be valued....don't think I am asking for much...or am I? Anyway....make me sad and sick to my stomach just thinking about it.


Friday evening we had Geoff's 65th Birthday party. After the team meeting at 0900, I wasn't in the greatest of moods, but I didn't want to let Geoff down by not going. I am really glad that I did as being the pure gentleman that he is Geoff made the evening so very special. May have been his special day, but between Geoff and Caroline, I felt like the guest of honor. To start, when we arrived it was champagne hour. Knowing that I don't like drinking Champagne without food, Geoff had the caterer specially prepare a Perry Winkle Old Fashion for me. Later during dinner it was fillet mignon for all, but I had a special meal prepared as I don't eat beef. It was touching that they remembered such little detail. The evening was great. Met some lovely people that evening and so very pleased that I pushed myself to go.

Saturday was a pretty slow day. Spent a good portion of the day dwelling and replaying Friday morning. It wasn't productive nor the right thing to do, but I couldn't get it out of my mind. It was a rather difficult day as I was left alone with my thoughts, which as we all know can get the best of me. I have a lot to think about, but I have started the ball rolling. Question is, what will be the reaction, what will be the response and what direction will I take. After sulking during the day and releasing a lot more tears than the situation deserved, we went to our local to meet with some friends to share stories and photos from our Asian Adventures.

Thanks to the support of KV and especially Mands, I was able park things and was able to enjoy the brilliant weather on Sunday. Saturday at the pub sam & Lou mentioned that they had plans to go on a bike ride to Holborn. We decided to join and I am so glad that we did as it turned into a great afternoon of touring the city, chilling out in the park and later with a refreshing pint at a random neighborhood pub. It was exactly what I needed :-) So very thankful for such great friends...especially during situations like this. And less face it, it could be worse. Don't want it to be, but the important thing is to focus on all the things I have rather than dwelling on what could be/ should be.

Hope you all are well and enjoying the weather wherever you are.

Miss you all dearly

xxx

T

No comments: