To say that I am over the moon to have Mom here in London is a complete understatement. I had tried to stay up for the election results and went to sleep when Romney was leading the electoral votes, but when I woke I was extremely pleased to hear the news that Obama had won :-)
With that great news it was off to the airport to pick Mom up. We both returned to listen to Obama's speech which truly made me cry. That man has a way with words and what a speech that was. Looking forward to the years to come and the change that the US will hopefully see.

I was a bit nervous having Mom see my new place, but I am pleased to say that she approved of the new flat. We did not start out on the right foot as the boiler broke again and I had to sort out how to get the heat back on. I am happy to announce that I was able to sort the issue myself. Was not going to pay for an emergency plumber to come in so thanks to Google and online support I was able to restore the flat with hot water and heating :-)
I am not fully settled in, but having her here makes the place feel properly like home. It only been a few days, but it feel just right having her on the second sofa watching TV, eating cheese and pickled onions with me.

On Thursday we had a bit of a treat at work. We had an all day learning day and in the evening we were treated to a mini Little Mix concert. I am such a kid, but I really was excited to see them. I have no idea why....they are not that good, but I enjoy seeing them perform. To be honest I think its more of the memories that I have of watching X-Factor than the group itself. I enjoyed watching that year. Future seasons will not be the same...but change is good. You can never step into the same river twice, but that doesn't mean you cannot have fond memories both times. I don't know if I am ready to step back into the river just yet...but we shall see if and when that day comes. Right now I am focusing on settling into my new flat and mending my heart.
To switch topics to something more upbeat... HAPPY DIWALI everyone. Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous year ahead!
Happy that Mom is here to celebrate with me :-)
Miss you all and love you more
xxx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment