01 January 2013

Adventures in London: 2013 New Years Resolutions

Taking the red-eye flight back from New York meant that my tradition of have a end of the year run did not happen, but I am fine with that. I had a great close and kick off to what is going to be a VERY SPECIAL 2013!!

2012 has been an interesting year filled with highs and unfortunately with a bunch of lows. Overall I will look back on 2012 with great smiles. It was a year beyond words; it was a year of the 2012 Olympic Games, it was a year welcoming the birth of my dear nephew Parker, it was a year that saw the union of Brenda and Silas. It was a lovely year even if it had it's stresses, heart ache and pain, but Life and Pain are both four letter words that cannot pieced and parceled.

I will look back on 2012 with great fondness and never with regret. It was a grand year, but I am determined to make 2013 a VERY SPECIAL YEAR! I didn't have a theme for 2012 (which ironically was the theme in itself), for 2013 its about being the girl on fire. I am determine to keep both feet on the ground and burning it down! I am going to rise to the top of the world in 2013...not just in terms of work, but in life.

Here's to 2013; a year without pressure, a year of embracing the moment and a year of smiling and enjoying life in style :-)

To make 2013 a #VerySpecialYear, I plan on the following resolutions:

  1. Learn to make/bake/prepare 13 new desserts (2013 is going to be about the sweeter things in life)
  2. Read 6 new books
  3. Train to run 20.13k distance
  4. Train to be able to swim 20.13 lengths (without a break)
  5. Run a minimum of 2013 minutes every 3 months
  6. Visit 3 new countries
  7. Work no more than 13 hours a day
  8. Do more with my photography (fingers crossed sell something)
  9. Take a class (photography or cooking)
  10. Maintain the blog and fall no more than 3 weeks behind
  11. Host a minimum of 3 parties
  12. Keep in touch more with family and friends (allow no more than 13days without talking/writing)
  13. Be happy and maintain a smile :-)

Let's see how it goes!!! Either way, I am determined to make this year a great one!!

No comments: