24 August 2008

Adventures in London: Issue 5

What a week and weekend has it been (and it is still going). This weekend is Bank Holiday weekend (long weekend). I need to write this email rather quickly as I am quite late for a "labor" day BBQ in Borough....so with that said, here we go!!!

The work week was filled with gym sessions during the lunch hour break. I went spinning twice and running on Friday before starting the long weekend. It really feels nice to be working out again. Even if I socialize post work, at least I've done the healthy bit :-) I know that as I start to settle in the socializing will slow down, but right now it is my time to meet you people and explore the city. I do need to mock-up a training schedule for the marathon and determine how to incorporate running with spinning, weight and yoga. Yes that is right, I think I am going to give yoga a try over here. Can not hurt, if anything it will help from getting injured.

I met with my landlady and her boyfriend on Thursday. She is so very incredible and sweet. We signed the tenant papers and yesterday I dropped of the bank check and picked up the keys and code to the complex :-) I am extremely excited to move tomorrow. I am all packed up and all ready to get out of this temp apartment. I was going to move today, but I watched the Men's Marathon from 12:30-4:00a this morning, so I slept rather than packed.

Today and tomorrow is the Notting Hill Carnival. I think I am going to try to swing by before I move out of the neighborhood. It is supposed to be a sight to see during the day time. At night though I have not heard the best stories - good thing by then I will be in my new flat!!! Yippeee!!!! I met a lady who just moved from SA (south africa) on the tube last week (she works for our sister company), so we may go together and check it out.

Yesterday after dropping off the paperwork in Clapham, I went up to Borough and met a friend for a celebratory brunch. He then took me to Borough market, which can only be described as heaven! There are no words for this place. I could try to describe it, but you truly need to see the place to grasp what a market should be - hint hint!

At night, I went to East london for another friend's 30th birthday party. If you thought the themed parties I threw were out there - I am normal here. The theme of this party was "I spy with my little eye something that starts with the letter B" - meaning that you had to dress as something that started with the letter B (butcher, bubble bee, etc). I went as a Boston Red Sox fan as I really was not prepared for the party when packing. Was quite interesting to walk the streets of London in Boston gear. You couldn't tell if I was in fancy dress or a hard core American - hahaha.

After that party I went to SoHo to meet some dear friends that were in town from San Fran. They reminded me that it had only been a year since they moved to the west coast from NYC - I swore it was longer, but they were indeed correct. Guess a lot has happened in a years time. It was so nice to see them. It is amazing how you can just pick up right where you left off with true friends.

Speaking of friends visiting, one major reason that I am looking forward to moving into my flat is that I will finally be able to have visitors over! And I already have my first visitor planned at the end of Sept! I am so very excited. It has been ages since her and I have spent alone time together. Will be like the days of 824 Beacon - no PJ Kilroy's though - bummer.
Well I need to run. Off to M&S to buy loads of cheese :-)

Please continue to write and let me know what adventures you are up to! Even if it is just going to brunch at Duke's, enjoying Mac N' Cheese anywhere in the USA, eating ice cream at Stewart's, having a Mexican martini at Trudy's, I want to hear all about it. And why, even if it sounds basic, I wish I was there!

Love you and miss you all.

xoxo

T

No comments: