30 August 2009

Adventures in London: Issue 58

What a truly unexpected weekend!!! Friday night, I went out to a local wine bar with my London brother and sister for some a good family advice session. It had been a while since we've had the chance to hangout, so it was a delightful spur of the moment decision to meet up for wine, cheese and bubbly....

The following day, I introduced my sister to Borough Market. We were originally supposed to go to see Harry Potter, but we opted to postpone and tour Borough Market. Never thought that I would ever be the person to introduce this place to a local, but there you have it. Despite living here, my dear sister had never been to this heavenly market until that Saturday. I know you have heard this from me plenty of times, and for those of you that have been there you know what I mean...this place is truly the most amasing place in London. A definite must see!!!

After our eating tour of the market, we walked along the Thames heading towards West London. I know what you are thinking...I am so damn predictable. What can I say, I love that walk!!! I absolutely love London! Similar to NYC, you just never know what you are going to stubble upon. While walking past the National Theatre, we came across a swing session. The national theatre despite being one of the ugliest buildings in London is a fun place to go. In the summer time, the national theatre host a number of outdoor shows, activities, etc. They just know how to have fun...London in general just knows how to have a good time....which is why I am looking forward to the 2012 Olympics. It is going to be one massive party and celebration in London...with the summer games and more importantly the marathon taking place. It is a win-win!

So back to the National Theatre, that particular day, they had a Live swing band playing while dozens of swing dancer jived and lindy hopped and jitterbugged. The crowd was filled a mix of people who clearly knew how to swing dance, with those that were there just to have a good time...you had the 30-something mixed in with the 60-something couples... and you had a 12 year old kid who played the piano with such pizazz that you would have thought he had been played for 40 years.

The rest of the bank holiday weekend was spent relaxing at home, staying in bed and catching up with friends at night. All and all, two excited thumbs up for the bank holiday weekend!! May mark the end of summer, but happy it ended on good weather with good friends and memories!!

Hope you all are well!

xoxo

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Borough Market! I was there years ago and it remains one of my favorite places on the planet.

I have to start rolling my pennies for the 2012 Olympics.

However, I don't use Excel enough except to do sums and sort by column. I'm a Word girl!