06 September 2009

Adventures in London: Issue 59

I don't have much to share for this week. It has been a rather hectic week at work with various projects going on. Now that bank holiday weekend has come and gone, the summer holiday is over and it is back to work work time :-( It is going to be a busy fall...but we will get through it (hopefully).

As most of you already know, I am a "plan everything" out person. I like knowing weeks in advance what my plans are, but I am always delighted by unexpected nights. On Friday, I caught up with a friend from work. It had been a while since we caught up one-on-one, so we decided to have a low-key evening involving dinner at our favorite place - Inn Noodle. This, hole-in-the wall, Chinese restaurant is not much to look at from the outside, but if you give it a try you will be delighted with their soup dumplings and homemade lo
mein.

After ordering WAY too much food, KV and I walked around the neighborhood a bit. We were not in the mood for a packed London bar so we just kept walking until we came across a Live Jazz bar. It was a quintessential NYC village experience. The venue recently opened and host live music every night of the week. The feautured band was AMASING!!! They had an upright bass, two guiatrist, a trumpet player and a girl playing the Sax who was mind-blowingly talented.

We ended up spending our "low-key" evening in a jazz club meeting new people, watching the dance floor get packed with people and listening to a band play a mixture of english, french, spanish and italian songs - - you just cannot beat that!! I've become a member of the club so I am looking forward to more Jazz nights and live music. Miss the live music venues of NYC, so I am happy that I finally found a place here in London.

That weekend, I cooked my second curry dinner for a work-friend from Singapore who was in town for a couple of weeks. I am happy to say that I learned how to cook mutter paneer (cheese and peas). I am loving this indian cooking stuff!! More dishes to discover :-)

Hope things are well with you. Miss you all dearly and love you more

xoxo

T

2 comments:

Brian said...

1) My favorite Excel function is VLOOKUP.

2) The picture of the lattes look exactly like one I took at Macaron, the little shop near the NY office that I'm in love with.

3) I want to visit the vodka bar next time.

4) Whore. I knew about George, now Chris, too?

Anonymous said...

Holy crap that girlie is playing a HUGE saxophone.

I too am an unrepentant planner. It is very soothing.