Oh those where the days. I miss working there, having my friends come in and hang out, watching the highschoolers visiting on Open House weekend, creating new coffee-cocktails and yeah the 30% discount. It was nice to have a carefree job, talking with people and making friends with the regulars. Anyway, back to my little red buddy - I feel like he/she needs a name (and a gender). If you reading this, please help me. As a reward, when you come to visit, I will make you a tasty drink!
This week I went to a new restaurant in SoHo called Hummus Bros. It is...well...a hummus restaurant. The menu is a selection of different flavours of hummus, white/brown pita and delicious side dishes of tabouleh, falafel salad, guacamole, and spiced hot cider. It is a low key restaurant with amasing food and atmosphere. Definitely need to take my sister-in-law and mom here when they come to visit (am planting the seed now for another Sevak Europe vacation this summer) and of course anyone else that wants to make the visit to London. After dinner we walked around the neighborhood and saw that Christmas lights are already up on the high street. I guess that is what you get when you live in a country that doesn't have the Thanksgiving pause after Halloween. It made me smile though to see the lights up. There is just something about Christmas decorations and lights that make me smile. Remember staying up after Mom would go to bed back home to set up and decorate the tree, fireplace, kitchen, foyer. I loved hearing her glee when she would come down in the morning to the Christmas fun (that also meant pancakes and bacon for breakfast).

Over the weekend I did what every 15 year old girl did - watched Twilight Sage:New Moon! I am not going to ruin the movie for anyone who has not seen it (or read the books). I will recommend seeing the movie as it is a set up to the chapters to come. Just like fellowship of the ring, this sets the basis for the next 2 books. That said, I will say reading the books I was a Team Edward girl, but after watching the movie I am almost on Team Jacob. After what Edward did, what would you do? Would you just go back like that? I don't know if I could, I mean I eventually would (if I was truly in love with the person), but I would not be able to just let them back in. For those of you who saw the movie, what did you think of it?
Anyway, that is all for me. It has been a lovely week and I am looking forward to enjoying more weeks like this.
Hope you all are well. Miss you truly and dearly and love you with all of my heart.
xx
T
4 comments:
PRETTY coffee machine!! i LOVE it.
Not quite the red ice cream maker, but I am enjoying it!! And you will too when you come to live with me :-)
JP and I saw New Moon tonight! I was mad because he saw it without me over Thanksgiving break, but he was nice enough to go again with me.
I think your coffee machine is a guy, and I think you should name it Mario.
Post a Comment