11 April 2010

Adventures in London: Issue 90

Not quite the 3 day work week like last week, but a 4 work week is not so bad. Before heading back to the work week, on Monday Biju and I went into Central London for dinner at a little sushi place called Hi Sushi. They have a £14.80 all you can eat sushi buffet. Normally these things are wasted on me, but I am safe to say that I definitely ate my money's worth. In fact I left extremely ill and unable to breathe and that is a feeling I rarely get when I go to restaurant (the whole eating in public thing). Hi Sushi is a really cool place if you get a chance to eat downstairs. The tables are floor level, but you sit normally. They have the floorboard open under the table, so it seems like you are sitting on the floor dining, but in reality you are sitting normally. Take a bit to get used to, but then it is fine.

After a lovely Easter Break and amazing 5 days off, it was sadly back to work and reality. How I wish I could have just frozen time and stayed in Easter Break mode... shame life unlike digital TV does not have a pause, rewind or fast forward button.

On Thursday I went out with the work wives for a quick drink and pate for our monthly gathering. We have all been rather busy lately so it is nice when we can keep some routine. The only thing is we all have other stuff going on, so we can never truly do a proper catch up. Just quick enough to keep one another up-to-date with things and short enough so we are home no later than 9:30 pm.

In a short two weeks, London will be filled with thousands of marathoners. On 25 April, the 30th running of the marathon will take place. In the race field will be American marathoner Deena Kastor. In 2006 she set the US record when she ran the London Marathon in 2:19:36. She will be up against Irina Mikitenko, German record holder and World Marathon champion and Romanian Olympic title holder Constantina Dita. I am excited not only to see Deena Kastor and the elite woman run the London Marathon for a second time, but also to be able to catch up with my dear friend TK who will be running the race. It is thanks to TK that I have the will still to run the NYC Marathon this year. Now all I need is some of the time and energy to actually train. I caught up on TK's running blog and am truly motivated to get back into running again. A friend on mine saw my running blog and laughed that the mileage that I was at was on 3 miles. She commented that if I was going to bother having a running journal than I should be running 10+ miles a day. I wish. I struggled to run 8K and now I am struggling to find time and energy to run. I cannot believe I am saying this. I am so scared and nervous about running... no! Cannot let those thoughts back into my head. Starting tomorrow, it is back to training and focus will be on the NYC Marathon. Training is priority one, above work, above friends and above social activities... it has to be.

On that note, I hope you all are well

xoxo

T

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Tini! Wait -- you have a running blog? What's the link?! Do share!

I am in taper mode now and CANNOT wait to come to Londontown and run through the city! Zoom zoom!

You must keep your eyes and ears peeled in the event that Deena and the other ladies are doing events in the days before the marathon, we can go together and be starstruck.

PS I am DELIGHTED you are going to run the NYC marathon. Tini, I know you can do it. I will cheer like a nutter for you.