The song says it all -
Something has changed within meSomething is not the sameI'm through with playing by the rulesOf someone else's gameToo late for second-guessingToo late to go back to sleepIt's time to trust my instinctsClose my eyes: and leap!It's time to tryDefying gravityI think I'll tryDefying gravityAnd you can't pull me down!I'm through accepting limits''cause someone says they're soSome things I cannot changeBut till I try, I'll never know!Too long I've been afraid ofLosing love I guess I've lostWell, if that's loveIt comes at much too high a cost!
This version is sung by Idina Menzel. I absolutely love her voice. If you don't know who she is, she is otherwise known playing Elphaba in the original broadway casting of Wicked, Maureen Johnson in RENT (both the original broadway cast and movie), Nancy in Enchanted and has made appearances on Private Practice, Kevin Hill and Glee. Did I mention that she is also married to Taye Diggs.
I hope you enjoy the video! It has been a rather interesting 10 weeks, but what I have learned is that it is time now to try defying gravity :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment