02 May 2010

Adventures in London: Issue 93

When it comes to Glee, 24, Lost, FlashForward, DWTS - the UK is generally a week lagged behind the US. Living in London, I have had to learn to be patient when it came to movie releases and top American TV shows. That said, when it came to Iron Man 2, I am happy to say that it released this past week and I happily saw it with friends on Saturday :-)

I will refrain from discussing the movie as it has not released in the US, but if when you do see it (and I would highly recommend that you do), let me know so we can chat about the movie. Iron Man 2, like Iron Man is action packed, loud and filled with witty one-liners. Robert Downey Jr is certainly back and it is lovely to see him back on the silver screen. Who doesn't remember him in Heart & Soul? Or Only You? Two lovely films that I am sure my Mom wished that she would never have to hear mentioned again - sorry Mom. If anyone witnessed my malaria ordeal of 1990, knows that I can happily watch the same movie over and over. I wish I could say that I have out grown this phase, but I have not. May not be with movies anymore, but certainly still applies to songs, music and episodes of Friends (apparently there is no limit to the number of times that you can watch them).

They say that things happen in three; whether they are positive or negative. I don't know if I told you, but the whole dream of running the NYC Marathon is not going to happen this year. Call it a massive case of miscommunication between NYRR and myself or a blessing in disguise, but 2010 is not going to be my year. To be frank after the past couple of weeks that I have had I am not entirely disappointed. I know I should be, but if I am going to run the marathon I need to be dedicated and focused to training and running. Although, I think about running a lot, I have not put in the mileage that I need to be. The month of March has certainly taken it toll...not only did I experience a negative month in the GHF (spending nearly a third of the the work days working after midnight), but I logged in a whopping 5K in training. I bounced back in April, but I am nowhere close to where I should or want to be in terms of training. I am not going to make it to 40K with that sort of progress. If these past months have taught me anything it is work before health...wait I think I messed that up.

Moving onwards and upwards...GLEE! I don't know how many of you watch the show. It has picked up a following here in the UK. Tuesday mornings on our bank of desks is dedicated to the GLEE recap discussion (which I am sure the rest of our bank enjoys). The much anticipated Madonna episode was this past week and what a joy it was to watch. Some of the songs were a bit corny, the Sue Sylvester's rendition of Vogue was absolutely amasing. If you do not watch the show or already have, you should check out the comparison between Sue's debut and Madonna's video. Glee has been a bit of a disappointment lately, but I am happy that it is back! What a great episode!!

Well I think this is the first time I have published a post without a single original photo. If you average this out the with the war and peace post of last week we are fine :-) I have wondered it people actually read the blog, well after the last couple of weeks I know you all do in your own time. I am sorry if I have worried you and I appreciate all your kinds words of support and love. All you can see are the words on the computer screen. Know that despite the dark and grey skies, the sun always shines. I am fine and more importantly I am laughing and smiling. It has not been an easy couple of weeks, but things can only get better and I am looking forward to it. It is a new decade, with new dreams and experiences to be had. I cannot wait :-) I hope you'll join me for the ride!

xoxo

T

No comments: