to the weather conditions, on Monday we finally put up our team decorations. Other teams kicked off the holiday glee in the office this year, but we made certain to 'bring it' with our oh so classy decorations. Our intentions were for them to go up on 30 Nov. We all had plans to stay late to decorate the office, but with the snowy weather it was not worth the risk of people getting If you are wondering, yes that is an inflatable Father Christmas. And yes he goes up and down the chimney :-) The office is such a happy place with all the decorations!!! Some may say they are tacky, but I find them pretty!!! Wouldn't you agree?

On Wednesday, K-Cook and I went for dinner. It had been ages since we had a catch up. We used to go for smoothies or lattes in the afternoon, but work schedules have gotten in the way. We sit 2 banks of desks away from each other and yet hardly have the time to chat. It took months of planning & coordinating diaries, but we were finally able to fix a date. Probably comes to no shock, but we decided to go to Champagne Charlies for a drink. As there were no room to stand, drinks turned into dinner. I must say, they are fast becoming my favourite go-to bar; great food, pewter mugs and brilliant atmosphere. It is a run of the mill pub with saw dust on the floor yet the food is top notch (it is not the IVY, but when it comes to pubs they are top notch). It was nice to catch up with K-Cook. We have been both going through stuff, so it was therapeutic to share our situations with one another. Life is too short to try to battle everything on your own (I realise the irony of that statement).

I was rather looking forward to Thursday night. It was supposed to be my night in the flat with no plans. Just a chance to unwind and catch up on flat stuff. As much as I enjoy having a booked social calendar, I love my alone time even more. I have not had a lot of 'Tini time" since I got back from Asia. Just my luck, at 5:30 I got an invite to see Legally Blonde: the musical with TinSing. How could I pass that offer up? I adore going to the theatre. I was absolutely knackered when I got to the theatre, but minutes into the show I was wide awake and clapping! Legally Blonde: the musical much like the movie is a lighthearted upheat happy way to spend 2 hours. The English cast did a brilliant job with the American accents. I was convinced that a number of the cast-members were actually American - - nope. All English. It is funny. The English can do American accents, but the vice versa does not hold. It is rare that American actors can maintain the English accents in movies, shows, etc. Anyway, I Legally Blonde is entertaining and I am glad that I saw it. I would not say it was the best musical nor would I desire to see it again, but glad that I saw it. I really want to see War Horses and Billy Elliot.
Friday, was our much anticipated and looked forward to Business Planning & Friends Christmas lunch at the Savoy Tup. You can expect the afternoon to be filled with laughter, friends (or co-workers), music, dancing, drinks and pizza. What I was not expecting is a training session in a potential second career. Who said wishes cannot come true. I have always wanted to know what it would be like to work behind the bar and Friday night I learned (even learned how to use the till machine). After pouring two beers, my bar-tending days are over. Could have been fun if I was 23/24, but not at this age. Don't have the patience for it. I was debating on not going to the luncheon, but pleased that I did as it was a MERRY afternoon.
The next morning was not as merry, in fact all I wanted to do was sleep for just a wee bit longer. Instead I woke up at 0900 gearing to go and made my way to Westfiends to meet a friend for shopping. Why the idea of going to Westfields on a Saturday before Christmas seemed like a good idea is beyond me. The queues were insane. I wanted to shop and there was plenty that I would have purchased, but I did not have the patience to queue up. The test of a friendship is the ability to shop together. The people that you truly connect with you can shop with; there is no pressure, you can relax and it is enjoyable. When it is not, well you find another level of friendship for them.
I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would ever be in the position to teach someone how to cook. Growing up my culinary skills were limited to cinnamon toast and soup. Moving to NYC and especially with my move to London - I love been in the kitchen. An ideal evening for me is one in which I can cook. There is nothing like a home-cooked meal.
Word of advise: anyone with the desire of seeing The Tourist, save your money. It is a colossal waste of funds and time. If you are looking for an opportunity to eat a large tub of popcorn and take a nap, then enjoy.

On a side note, whilst I appreciate the emails notifying me of the 'riots' and 'protests' situation in Central London, I am well aware of them. We have been dealing with them for the past month. This week was extreme though. The march path went via the Strand, so I got to see the masses from my window. I sympathise with the tuition increases, but they crossed the line on Thursday. Granted, I was not actually there on the streets, but attacking police horses does not make for a good PR campaign. Thankfully Parliament voted, so no more marches (until the next cause).
With that, I wish you a happy morning, afternoon, evening!!
Miss you
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment