
On Friday, we went to see the Children's Hour at the Comedy Theatre. Kiera Knightley (Bend it Like Beckham) and Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) star in this melodrama of unwarranted, out of thin air accusations. The play also starred Ellen Burstyn (Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood), Carol Kane (Princess Bride) and Tobias Menzies (Rome, HBO TV series). The cast delivered a magnificent performance. As for the play itself...it was a bit lacking in substance. The main teenage - Mary - was simply annoying. I can differentiate if it was the character or the actor that annoyed me so. The premise of the play as well was a bit far fetched and out there. Reminded me of The Crucible style accusations. The second half however was where the story and the dynamics of the characters really came out. I would not race back to see the Children's Hour, but I am glad that we got to see the play...especially from the 6th row. Felt like you were right there.

On Saturday we celebrated the KV's 30th birthday and we celebrate in grand KV style - at a Bavarian beer house. This would have been a good excuse to wear the dirndl again, but I could not bear the realisation that the slim fitting outfit did not fit anymore. Hence I avoided it and wore a rather loose fitting top allowing for the ability to eat kaesespaetzle (German cheese noodles) and drink a litre of dunkelweizen. My wisdom tooth has been bothering me all day so I was not the most festive moods, that said it was a wicked night with friends. KV certainly know how to throw a party...one way or another you are going to have a solid time. Whether it is schnapps night at her flat, mint juleps at CSB, wine and cheese at Gordon's or beer anywhere you know if KV is there it is going to be a celebration to be remembered.

Despite the tooth pain, I was not gong to let it get in the way of Sunday Roast. It was painful, but as the saying goes...no pain - no gain! The gain in this scenario was a whole chicken stuffed with stuffing served with 2 Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and seasonal veggies. You probably don't understand Sunday Roast. It does not sound like the thing one should eat on a Sunday. After all, Sundays are meant for Brunch. It is Sunday Brunch not Roast right?!? Well I take my words back. I can probably go back and find the issue in which I declared my bewilderment of the concept of roast on a Sunday, but I take my words back. I look forward to Sunday Roast....there is nothing like a good Sunday Roast! Please don't get me wrong, I still LOVE brunch, but have just come to love Sunday roast too.
Well on that note, I think I am going to go. Feeling a bit hungry? Does that dish look an owl to anyone else or is it just me?
xx
T
2 comments:
Tini please keep writing about food. You try such a wonderful variety of dishes and cusines.
I don't think you have anything to worry about TK. I am a foodie so will always find something food related to write about ;-)
Post a Comment