12 June 2011

Adventures in London: Issue 151

There has been a terrible flu spreading around the office which completely destroyed me. Have not felt like this in a while. Not the best to have a bum ankle and the flu.... [cue the violins]. That moaning aside, the flu did not stop me from adding 2 new dishes to the list. Dish #16 was pork chili with asparagus, peppers and black olives topped with cheese. Dish #17 was a tuna, mushroom and mozzarella bake. Finally used a recipe as I was started to run out of ideas in my head.

I really need some inspiration to get me through this resolution of mine. Why did I come up with 53? That seems like such a larger number from here. We can do this...just need to rally. Perhaps need to read a cookbook or watch some more Come Dine with Me for ideas. Does any one have a dish that I can steal with pride for this resolution? I know I could come up with something if I had more time to cook, but trying to not spend the entire evening in the kitchen slaving over the stove. Hmmm there must be a balance on things. Will need to keep looking for ideas.

On Wednesday I was still out of commission from work, but needed to rally for my physio appointment. The session went well and my therapist is pleased with my progress. The swelling and stiffness is still there in the ankle, but I am able to walk with much more ease. I spent the session walking back and forth (quite a strange feeling to be walking without any crutch or anything) and getting my leg massaged, twisted, stretched, etc. Sounds like torture, but it was a great feeling. I am looking forward to finally having a 100% mobility in my foot. The pain from it is unbearable...nothing to the beginning of April when I broke it, but 2 months later I am still in agony from things. Oh to the day...that sweet sweet day ;-)

Saturday was a frantic cleaning of the flat with the great reward of watching X-Men First Class. What is it about superhero movies?!?! I just love them....hmmm that said I did not see Hulk, or that random Nicholas Cage biker with fire movie.

X-Men First Class is great! It is not the typical action packed movie, but it gives the back ground on Prof X and Magneto two of the most interesting X-Men leads. It is ironic to see the two polar backgrounds that the two came from and what turned them into the superpowers they were destined to be. I am talking about fictional people right...they don't exist Tini. They did not prevent the Cuban Missile Crisis...okay now that it clear! I'd highly recommend the movie if you have not yet seen it. I am open to your opinions if you feel otherwise.

On Sunday Hubbs and I spent the afternoon in the pub (The Old Dairy) catching up on our book club reading. KV has already finished. KV is a ridiculously faster reader and put the pressure on us to finish the book. I felt like I was in American Lit again... deadline for the book report a week away and I haven't yet started the book. Oh yes that was quite a usual occurrence for me. If the deadline is to far in advance I don't know how to plan for it. It is only when I can see it in the future that I am able to put together a process and steps to deliver. I [fore the most part] always deliver. Never turned in a paper late ;-)

Not quite a new dish, but it was a new one for the people of England (or maybe just one as I did not cook for the entire country). THE BU MUFFIN:
English muffin (which is not actually an English thing), fried egg, cheese and America bacon!!! Who can resist American bacon!!! Clearly not me. Always said that I was a fat person waiting to happen...I think my time has come. Not being able to run or do anything is going to catch up with me.... uh oh!

Hope you all are well. Miss you all dearly!

No comments: