05 June 2011

Adventures in London: Issue 150

Mondays before the accident used to be "New Dish & Glee" nights... I think I am back on that routine again. The week kicked off with the addition of dish #15 - Egg Curry served on rice. I have not had this dish for years so thought I would give it a try using some spices (and cheats) from my India trip. It was just what I needed to celebrate the bank holiday Monday. It was a good weekend for cooking...must say I quite enjoy being back in the kitchen. Not yet walking fully, but good to be able to stand. That said, I think I stood too much the evening before with the BBQ and prep. Looking forward to the day that I am able to walk and stand like a normal person.

The highlight of the week was the Andrea Corr concert at Union Chapel in Islington. It was certainly an interesting concert. I have been a Corrs fan for years now, so was pretty gutted when they stopped recording (apparently they have not officially split as a band just focusing on family). When I learnt that Andrea was touring I was excited to go see them. I remember seeing the Corrs in 2005 at the Today Show summer series. I will never forget that day and meeting Sue Davies.

Anyway!

Union Chapel is an open seating venue. By the time we arrived for the concert and grab a bite, the line was down the street. Being a bit cheeky (and also in pain from standing in line) we asked if there was a 'handicap' section. Thankfully for us there was and that met that we jumped straight to the front of the line and furthermore to the front row of the venue. It was amazing to watch Andrea Corr from the first row. Sad in some sense how thin she is...no one should be that thin. Her band was an interesting group..far from the Corrs sisters and Jim. Overall the songs were okay, but the best hands down were the 'Corr covers' she did. Caroline was visiting and did some cameo performances with her - - that was pretty wicked. And and all - - great night! Cannot wait for the Sharon Corr concert ;-)

Finally it came time for the weekend. It was supposed to be a low-key weekend, but it ended up turning into a social marathon starting with Sean's farewell. It is always bittersweet when a member from your team leaves the company. You are filled with mixed sentiment, happy for them, but gutted that they are gone.

On Saturday we celebrated a friend's birthday. I was not feeling 100% and embarrassingly spent the evening drinking peppermint tea. It was not the rock-star night of birthday celebration, but I think the decision to opt-out and rest allowed me the ability to be up and around on Sunday for coffee and chit/chat with S&N. It was good to catch up with them...always a pleasure to see the two of them outside of the office. Later that afternoon we went to Power's new flat in Clapham (which is wickedly adorable) and then went out for lunch joined with Diamond to an American diner type place. How I wish I could eat beef...so wanted a burger that afternoon. You will be happy to know that I did not break it and still beef free.

It's been a lovely week catching up with friends and experiencing new places. That is what London is all about after all right?

Hope you all are well

xx

T

No comments: