This week kicked off with a new dish. Statistically I am significantly behind on my mission to cook 53 dishes in 351 days. We are 41% into the year and I have only achieved 24% of my goal. It is time to start cooking!! Now that I am a bit more mobile, I am hoping to add more dishes to the list. This week I added dish #13, seared scallops in balsamic vinaigrette served with scotch carmalised red onion, Worcestershire asparagus, and mashed new potatoes. I think the flavours could use some work...still trying to figure out how to make a sauce reduction without complete burning the sauce. I will learn sauces...I will..
This week has seen some interesting weather. Still not accustomed to bringing an umbrella with me at all times. You would think that after 4 years in Boston and nearly 3 years here I would have gotten the memo...but nope I am continually amazed by the weather. The beautiful thing about the rain is the rainbows that appear with the random rainfalls. Our new offices offer a great view of this. May be 360 degrees grey when it is raining, but when the rainbows appears you can see the full half circle over the city. That is a sight that never gets old. I had another hydro session. Things are moving in the forward direction so looking to the day that I am 100% functional. Just need to remember to be patient right now and enjoy rocking the walking stick and B&W wingtips ;-)
On Friday, a bunch of us went to Galvin at Window; a French restaurant located on teh 28th floor of the Hilton hotel in Mayfair. I was rather excited for this booking as I have heard some great things. The weather cleared up offering us some beautiful views of west London. Overlooking London from the limited sky-rises is definitely a site worth seeing. There are few buildings that offer such a view so it is best to enjoy it. To celebrate the occasion I thought I would wear proper shoes (rather than my converse trainers) and attempted walking sans walking stick. It pains to walk, but with each step I get closer to fully walking! Back to Galvins... I highly recommend this place. I would certainly go back if I had the chance..maybe before I do, I will start eating beef (the beef dishes were extremely tempting, but not enough to make me break my 'fast').
Saturday was burrito date with KV in Angel. It had been a while since we chilled out together, so we all caught up for a burrito in Angel. Nothing like a burrito in the park to catch up on our busy lives. Every time I hear about someone's new job, I cannot help but think that I should move jobs. I reckon like everyone else, I would be happier if I left. Tempting indeed. The rain starting falling so we re-treated to Waterstones for some booking and founding of a book club. Don't know why, but the idea of a book club always fascinates me. I had one with Bhai and Jamila... we got through 2 books and it died. Hoping we can make something from this book club. Our first book is 'My Last Duchess' by Daisy Goodwin. Fingers crossed...the last time KV and I tried to read a book together it was 'The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo' which failed miserably as both of us could not get through the book. I have struggled ever since to find a book that I could sink my teeth into.
On Sunday, we had a small BBQ to kick off the summer. It was a low-key gathering but it allowed me the opportunity to try out some new recipes. It has been ages since I BBQ-ed....forgot how much coordination is required. Also learnt that when BBQ-ing for Brits, they like all the food at once....no courses. I was not aware of this tradition and therefore was not prepared for it. That said, I think things went well. We had kebabs, tandoori lamb chops, burgers and sausages with grilled veggies. It was a stressful morning preparing, but once things kicked off it was a grand evening of laughing, grilling and ended with singing and some Raving Rabbit! Now that is an awesome night!!
Hope you all are well
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment