08 May 2011

Adventures in London: Issue 146

I have returned to work this week. It was rather surreal returning to the office and the world of mobile people. To be honest, I wish I stayed away for another week. I was definitely eager to return to normality, but don't it was best for me to return to the office when I could not walk or move around properly. Think I may have jumped the gun slightly.

Don't get me wrong. I was definitely welcomed by everyone in the office. Naturally people could not resist the jokes and such, but it was all in good fun. All things said and done, I may not be a 100%, I may not be able to do simple things (get my laptop, take my note book to a meeting, get lunch, a cup of coffee), but it is good to be back. I have missed everyone. I certainly timed my returned well with the officially opening of our bar! I am proud to say that I was the first to have a London Pride in the office :-) It is the little things that count!

I go my cast of this week!!! What a great feeling that was! I was rather nervous to tell you the truth though. I personally did not think that I was ready to be weight baring nor did I think I was ready to start physio, but that said...I was. I got the red cast taken off and was put in a moon boot. Amazing how far technology has come since I partially tore my Achilles. The new moon boots come with air compartments that you fill/adjust with a pump to mold the boot perfectly to your foot. GENIUS!!!! The air compression technology of the boot enhance muscle repair and blood circulation therefore increasing recovering time. Again...GENIUS! It was nice then returning to work as it meant that I no required to have my leg elevated. Took a bit to get used to having my leg on the ground, but it is also felt nice to feel 'normal' again.

To commemorate the cast coming off and the recent birthday I had a little gathering to celebrate the occasions. We booked an area at Barrio North (a cuba cocktail bar) in the Angel/ Islington area. It was a great showing of friends and laughs. I was extremely touched by the turn out and the wishes. Everyone is so busy so it was great to see everyone. It has been a while since we all gathered together. We all have our own lives, but it is always a great time when we meet up. We may not meet up as often as we once did, but we do gather when it counts. That is what is important at the end of the day isn't it? At first I felt the discomfort of my foot, but after a few cocktails it was....foot...what?!?! I am really looking forward to the day when I can walk and dance like I used to. Oh that will be a great day!

The following day was spent chilling out and enjoying the great London weather (no sarcasm there, it was actually lovely out). I was knackered from the day before and still getting used to this new boot, but it was nice to take a stroll in the park. May have been a way four steps, take a break for 2, but it was the closest I had been in months to walking so I was going to enjoy it. Tye was certainly enjoying the weather and the pond. Stopping every time I did for a drink it was only a matter of time before she fell in. I really wish I had my phone ready for that once cause it was LEGENDARY!

Well on that note, I hope you all are well!

Miss you dearly

xx

T

No comments: