22 May 2011

Adventures in London: Issue 148

The road to recovery starts with one step -- literally. Physiotherapy & Hydotherapy are going well. I cannot remember if I have told you. Hydro is essentially physio, but in a pool. It is a new recovery experience and one that I am enjoying. Being in the pool has given me confidence to put weight back on my ankle and walk more.

On Tuesday, I spent the evening with LC and other work colleagues. It was a relaxing evening of drinks in the Mindshare bar followed by an amazing dinner at Dishoom. Truly love this place. It was a great evening catching up with LC. Reminds me of the NYC days...those were the good times, but they have changed now. The family is growing apart :-(

The weekend kick-off with the purchase of a Nintendo Wii and a bonfire. I don't know which one was more exciting. Whilst shopping for food for dinner, the Wii just called to us and I had to buy it. The excitement of playing games at the arcade the previous week continued to echo.

Before diving into the Wii, a bonfire and dinner in the garden was enjoyed. The last time I had a bonfire was in 2003 in Albany when a few of us from the ARE running club went to the HMRC's president's place for dinner. There is something joyful about have an open fire outdoors (and when that is not available a fireplace is grand). After burning everything that could be found (note: bonfire are a great way to get rid of rubbish), we went indoors to set up the Wii. Oh this console is going to be dangerous and yet sooo much fun.

Believe it or not, but I did not spend the entire weekend indoors playing Wii. Shocking I know, but I am going to be disciplined with the console and only try to play it in the evenings or when it is raining (which should be more than often enough).

Not really the warmest of weathers, but the sun was out so it was off to Finsbury park to chill while Tye was walked. I am pleased that I am no longer being rolled through the park, but am eagerly looking forward to the day when I can walk around the park. Until that day, I will have to settle for sleeping in the park and soaking up the sunshine. Not really a bad way to spend the day and really I should not complain :-)

In Morocco I played my first game of Chess in AGEs and lost...so tonight I had a rematch. We went to our favourite local, The Noble for dinner and some chess. I love the Noble. It is like chilling in your own flat with great company. It is an ordinary pub with an extraordinary menu.

Back to the rematch. I know you are keen to know, so settle down...drum roll please..... I WON!!! The match was not as intense or fun as the one in Morocco, but then again what is? Can you ever beat a chess match in the mountains with cold beers and cigars?! I think not!

On Sunday we took another trip to the park. We brough some toys for Tye, but she did not seem interested so instead we played. Playing 'HORSE' with a football (soccer) ball is a rather interesting game. Especially when you cannot jump cause you are anchored down by a boot. Oh how I cannot wait for the day for this boot to come off and when I can walk/run again without any discomfort or pain.

Until that day

xx

T

No comments: