This week did not see a Monday gym session, but it was a lovely week. The week kicked off with a Jedi Council meeting with my favorite Jedi, Robin Wong. I miss Robin! We used to see each other at least once a year when I was in New York, but since moving to London I am pleased that we are still able to catch up as London is the new New York :-)To keep up with tradition, we had our Tini/Robin time to chat. Robin has always been a great sounding board and excellent for putting things into perspective. It is always good to see family and we are definitely family. We have gone through a lot together and apart, but we have always been there for each other. Gutted I couldn't spend more time with him whilst he was here, but glad we had time for our dinner.

On Thursday, I went to see The Iron Lady staring Meryl Streep. It is an interesting movie looking into the life of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher of the United Kingdom and the prices she paid. I remember studying Margaret Thatcher in Leadership class at BU, but we never went into all the detail of her reign. Blimey, I had no idea what the UK went through in the 1980s. It is unbelievable when you watch it. Makes the London Summer Riots look like amateurs at play. The movie was the most entertaining, but the performances were definitely something worth seeing. I love going to the movies! Miss it, but good thing 2012 has some good movies in store.
On Friday, a few of us got together for port, cheese and Wii games for a girls night in! I love nights in! After a work week, it is nice to just chill out and not have to deal with the crowded packed loud bars of Central London :-)
After way too much cheese, olives and dried meats we spent the rest of the evening playing London 2012 on the Wii. I absolutely love this game. It is crazy fun especially when you have a group of people playing. Gets very competitive, but that is the beauty of the game!! Cannot wait for the next game night - - will need to put something in the diary very soon!
On Saturday, I did a very daring thing and biked from North London to Borough Market. Overall it wasn't too scary...well until we hit the Old Street roundabout...that was SCARY!
I am continually in awe of the number of Londoners that have not been to Borough Market. A couple of years ago, I took Naomi and this time around it was Hubbs! How can you live in London and not go to Borough Market. It was so good to be back there. Truly love this place. It was freezing cold by the time we got there, so a warm up flight of beer was required before heading into the market for food. It was so hard to decide what to pick, but I went for my new usual - - cheese sandwich. Was going to do oysters, but they did not look tasty this time. The bike back in the dark was a little nerve wrecking, but seemed so much easier after a pint of beer and some mulled wine :-)

Finally it was Sunday night...but this wasn't just any Sunday night...it was Superbowl Sunday. And not just any Superbowl...it was a rematch between the Giants and the Patriots. Four years ago I threw my last Superbowl party in NYC and I was the only Pats fan when the Giants one. It was a party of 1 this year (given the lovely kick-off at 11:30pm GMT) and I was feel really optimistic about the outcome. Sadly despite staying up until 3:30am cheering (quietly of course as not to wake up the neighbors), the Giants won with an unintentional touchdown. I was absolutely gutted, but nothing can deny the fact that Eli was a wizard in the 4th quarter. Well there is always next time. I miss the years of the Buffalo Bills! Well at least it Baseball season :)
Hope you all had a lovely Superbowl Sunday.
Miss you all dearly
xxx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment