19 February 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 185

This week was great! I went to see my first Cirque du Soleil show at the Royal Albert Hall. There are absolutely no words for this show. Seriously! The stuff they did it just mind-blowing. There is no other word for it. It is incredible what they did. The creativity and talent was just amazing. How do you even discover that you can not only ride a unicycle, but you can throw and catch a bowl on the top of your head. What makes you even attempt that.

My favourite "act" of the night was the couple on the right. That was just beautiful and incredible to watch. There was such strength, fluidity, and passion within their performance. I would say my next favourite would have to be the girls on the unicycle followed by the roller-skating couple. I remember my uncle telling us to watch it on TLC years back. TLC does not capture the show. Having ground floor seats just 5 rows back...now that is the way to watch the show! WOW! Question now is do you watch the Michael Jackson version? That is to be determined...

On Wednesday I hung out with my big brother at the Hospital Club, a private members club for those in the creative industry. Such a wicked place from the inside...need to justify the membership now.

I love catching up with my brother from another mother. I miss him so much and gutted that he decided to leave MS (jealous is more like it). We have gone through a lot together, but I am honored and pleased that we are still a dynamic duo.

It was a great evening catching up on gossip and talking about life. It is amazing how much we both have evolved over the last 8+ years...just pleased that the bond that we share has not changed...just grown stronger and cemented with family love!

This week I signed up for my first race since breaking my ankle. It is a 6 mile race (simply cause the 3 mile did not seem like a challenge) around the streets of Harringey. There are various runs over the the 23-25 March weekend. Sports Relief is the UK's biggest fundraising event bringing the entire nation together for fitness, fundraising and to make a difference. The money raised is used to help people living tough lives both in the UK and across the world. I am excited for the event. If you would like to help support me and/or the cause please visit my fundraising page:

https://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/teaknee

Would mean the world to me if you could help me reach my goal. Not asking for much, any spare change is welcome :-)

After that bit of exciting news, how can it get any better? Well it can!

There is a new Sevak in town!!! Parker N Sevak was born. I am gutted that I was not there in person, but that is the price I pay for living in London whilst my family is in NYC.

The official birth announcement is as follows:
"Parker N Sevak arrived Feb 16th, 2012 at 9:34 am. He was 5 lbs 2 ounces and 19 inches long. Parker and Mom are both well and home. Big Brother Kadin and Dad are still smiling ear to ear."

On Thursday, I celebrated 8 years of being purple. A lot of time, blood, sweat and tears have been invested in being purple. In return I have a jedi family, cherished friends and treasured clients. I have learnt so much from those around me; from the silly moments, from the stress, the opportunities and from the challenges.

Its been a good 8 years...come what may for the next 8 years!




Over the weekend I had another "Super Saturday Session" at the gym. This time I achieved 6k in 37min30sec. Even better is that I am only 2.5kg from my weight goal! Need to keep it up...

That evening, we went to Rebecca and Michael's for a flat warming games night. We started at a divine Italian restaurant and then followed to their flat for board games, chatter and laughs. It was a wicked night to say the least. Learnt a new game called Apples-to-Apples which is hilarious and good fun. Determined to win more cards next time. I demand a rematch!! Haha

Hope you all are well! Please join me in congratulating Bhai, Jamila and Kadin on their new addition!

xx

T

No comments: