03 June 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 200

I cannot believe that we are on issue 200....unbelievable :) Who knew when I started this blog that

1) I would make it this far (yes I know there are gaps to be filled and

2) that I would be introducing you all to the newest Sevak!

Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Parker Nitin Sevak! One of the cons of living abroad is that it has taken me nearly 4 months to meet this little man. What a little man he is. He is such a happy, smiley baby!

Its the Queen's Jubilee this weekend in London, so rather than taking the opportunity to spend it celebrating the Queen 60 years, I took advantage of the long weekend to spend some time with the two Princes of the Sevak family. I arrived Wednesday night just in time to give Kadin a hug before his bed time (my bedtime was not too far after as jet lag was getting the best of me). The next day, I had my traditional morning the with Kadin... joys of the both of us waking up at 0530 :) I love those couple of hours when it is just the two of us. We just sat on the floor playing with the various super hero toys and chatting. It is unbelievable how much this kid talks :)

The only item on my agenda this week has been to spend time with Kadin and Parker and boy have we. On Thursday Kadin and I played in the photo booth.... who knew you could have so much fun making faces and pretending you are taking a roller coaster ride. It is a brilliant application if you have an Apple. Highly recommend that you check it out. Can spend hours taking silly photos. I don't know who was more entrained by the app...me or Kadin. I suppose the other question is between the two of us, who is actually the older one, cause I think the jury is still out on that one.

That afternoon Mom came so it was only natural that we introduced her to the Photo booth fun! See it is great fun for all ages :) We even got Parker in on some of the fun.

That evening (and sorry I was too engrossed with catching up to spot and take a photo) I caught up with LC at the Gingerman. It is always great seeing LC. Just puts life in perspective really. I am really glad that it worked out for the two of us to spend some time together. Had been a while since I missed him during his last London trip. Jealous of his BBQ - - need to find a way to ship a proper American BBQ back to London :)

 During the rest of the evening I spent catching up with Kim and Molly. It was such a delight seeing the girls and spending some quality time together. It is amazing how much our lives have changed over the last four years and how we are just able to pick up like there has been no time past at all. That is really the sign of a great friendship. I miss these girls so very much. Don't get me wrong, I love my London family, but I wish I could have it all. Who doesn't really!?! Molly I am so very happy for you and Gary. Cannot wait to celebrate your big day next May... May the Fourth be with you :) Sorry...cheesy joke, but what else do you expect from me.

On Friday, Bams and I kicked off the weekend in fashion.. mani and pedis! Earlier in the afternoon, I had my traditional haircut. Been going to the same place for 8 years now, even with moving to London that has not stopped me from getting my haircut by the same group of people in NYC :) Kadin came with us to the nail salon and cheeky chap managed to get himself a 15 minute massage. Doesn't like to be touched AT ALL, but for a massage in the spa...he was all game. Who doesn't love a little pampering?!

Finally the official weekend started and with it came a bike ride through NYC. The ride was certainly not fair....Bhai rode his proper road racing bike (thankfully he used the "slow" one) and I was stuck with the rental bike which weighed like a ton of bricks and only had 7 speeds. Nevertheless, we went from a ride through NYC going via Central Park (boy did riding through CP remind me of the the great memories I had running various NYRR races) to Riverside Bike path up to GW Bridge. We did think "should we cross it", but we opted to turn around. All and all we managed 17.5 mile in about 2 hours (we were not biking the entire time as some of it was stop and go). It was a great afternoon with the big brother! Glad he pedaled backwards so he could keep up with me :) After our bike ride, we went back to the apartment to pick up Bams for our massages. Oh I could get used to this lifestyle...sports and massages :)

Thankfully I woke up on Sunday not in pain from the ride. I was worried that I was going to be, but the legs and especially the ankle felt great. Didn't really matter as the agenda for the day was Brunch. Don't really need legs for that :)

I went to the traditional Duke's with Granny, Kristin and Joseph. My friend Ruth from London (who literally just moved to NYC) joined us for a good ole American afternoon of pancakes, mimosas, followed by beers and wings at the Wharf. I love afternoon like this. Just a simple meal that turns into an afternoon of laughter and chatting :) Miss you guys so very much. Wish I could bottle you up and take you back to the UK with me.

That evening I chilled with the family; painting with Kadin, "chatting" with Parker and catching up on the TV & celebrity gossip with Bams. Enjoyed a lovely home cooked meal made by Bhai.

It has been a great week with the family, seeing friends and especially meeting Parker. Below are some more photos of Parker & Kadin cause I am sure if you are like me you cannot get enough :)


Miss you all dearly

xxx

T

No comments: