It has been a pretty chill, but active week. On Tuesday we had a surprise birthday dinner to celebrate our dear friend Steve. It was great to see Steve and celebrate his special day. It was even more delightful to see Naomi as this was the first time seeing her since she moved back from Australia. It was great to catch up with Naomi, Steve, Diane and Holly. It was like old times in some ways and it was nice that we could all be together, laugh and enjoy one another company. Thank you Naomi for thinking of me and allowing us to share in the celebrations :-)

The following evening I took my first official photography class. It was a night photography class to learn how to use the manual settings and tripod. It was a brilliant class and I am so very happy that I took it. It was a wicked evening of learning what ISO, f-stop, shutter speed and exposure were and how to change and adjust them for the "right shot". The teacher also reviewed our photos and helped us learn to tell a story from our photos and how to compose a frame. I really come alive when I am behind my camera. I don't know how to describe it, but it was pure joy and magic. Cannot wait to take another class. Below are a few more shots from the evening. Here is a helpful trick; with a long shutter speed (20 sec), once you've release the shutter zoom in slowly and then stop. It is wicked :-)
Finally came the weekend and with it Power's Hen's Do! It is so amazing to see how happy she is and to celebrate in her upcoming nuptials. We all have had our share of adventures and stories here and I am pleased that she is starting a new happy chapter to her adventure. Amazing how much life can change in just 4 years. I look back to where we both were the summer of 2008 and a part of me feels like it was just yesterday and another part of me feels like it was a lifetime ago. All said and done, I am glad that we both are here, got to properly know one another (and move past the rumors) and best dearest friends in each other's lives!
The weekend has its up and downs, but sometimes it doesn't matter what course you take...just matters on how it ends. For me, the weekend ended with a smile on my face. I sold my bike (so sad to see that bike go as I did truly love it), but I know it is going to a happy home. I am loving this eBay stuff. Going to scrummage around the flat and see what else I can sell :-)
Hope you all are well. Miss you dearly
xx
T
The following evening I took my first official photography class. It was a night photography class to learn how to use the manual settings and tripod. It was a brilliant class and I am so very happy that I took it. It was a wicked evening of learning what ISO, f-stop, shutter speed and exposure were and how to change and adjust them for the "right shot". The teacher also reviewed our photos and helped us learn to tell a story from our photos and how to compose a frame. I really come alive when I am behind my camera. I don't know how to describe it, but it was pure joy and magic. Cannot wait to take another class. Below are a few more shots from the evening. Here is a helpful trick; with a long shutter speed (20 sec), once you've release the shutter zoom in slowly and then stop. It is wicked :-)
Hope you all are well. Miss you dearly
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment