Being home and spending time with my nephews has been so much fun. I thought that moving to the UK during the earlier years of their lives meant that when I moved back I would get to enjoy the fun part. What I failed to know was that every year is the fun years. I cannot believe how much Kadin has grown and the fact that he is able to write and carry on proper conversations. When I play with Parker I cannot help but wonder if he will grow up and know who I am or will I just be another person to him? I know the consequence of me moving to the UK was that I would not be apart of their lives. I understand that fully. My life is here in the UK, I know that, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't think about them often.
It has been a nice family visit. Every time I come home and return to London, I see things in a new way. I see how life has moved on (I am not delusional in thinking that it would stop just for me). We have all moved on in our own ways, but I am glad that when we are together we just share and cherish those moments. It funny the things you realize when you visit home. The things you realize you miss and the things that you realize you are pleased that you live thousands of miles away. If I had to pick between London and New York I don't think I could. I love both for different reasons and both mean the world to me. That all said, I know that come 28 July I will be 100% TEAM USA! May have taken me 8 stores of hunting, but I finally found my official TEAM USA olympic gear so I am counting down to the Opening Ceremony of the London Games!! BRING IT BABY! Been waiting for this day for 4 years :-)
I am so happy and thankful for my years in New York. I have learnt so much from them, but I need to accept that my life is here in London. I need to accept that I have learnt and gained so much through living here. Will I have a place in New York...well let's hope so. Do I have a place here in London...I sure do think I do. Both will always be my homes. Just as Niskayuna is and as Boston once was. From each city I have lived in they have molded me into the person that I am today and for that I am forever grateful. I may live miles and miles away and I may not see K as often as I once did, but I am glad that despite all that he and I still have our special relationship.
Bhai/Bams thank you very much for a lovely visit. It was a pleasure to see you, to spend time with Kadin and to meet Parker. Thank you for a visit that will stay with me for years to come :-)
Returning back to London was rough. Not only was I suffering from jet lag and missing New York, but my brother thought it would be a GREAT idea to share his flu with me (not very nice), but thankfully it only stayed in my system for a few short days and I bounced out of it. Over the weekend I did something naughty and bought another bike (I know this makes it the third bike in 2012). I needed a proper bike that would also me to keep up with my team members. "Don't Force the Pace" had our first official training bike ride. We did 14.5 miles around London traveling south through old street, across the city of London, over Tower Bridge (thought of Kristin as we biked over) and then back up. It was a great bike ride with friends, sunshine and especially enjoying the pint and burger post-ride meal :-) Great day ladies, cannot wait until our race.
Miss you all dearly and truly
xx
T
It has been a nice family visit. Every time I come home and return to London, I see things in a new way. I see how life has moved on (I am not delusional in thinking that it would stop just for me). We have all moved on in our own ways, but I am glad that when we are together we just share and cherish those moments. It funny the things you realize when you visit home. The things you realize you miss and the things that you realize you are pleased that you live thousands of miles away. If I had to pick between London and New York I don't think I could. I love both for different reasons and both mean the world to me. That all said, I know that come 28 July I will be 100% TEAM USA! May have taken me 8 stores of hunting, but I finally found my official TEAM USA olympic gear so I am counting down to the Opening Ceremony of the London Games!! BRING IT BABY! Been waiting for this day for 4 years :-)
I am so happy and thankful for my years in New York. I have learnt so much from them, but I need to accept that my life is here in London. I need to accept that I have learnt and gained so much through living here. Will I have a place in New York...well let's hope so. Do I have a place here in London...I sure do think I do. Both will always be my homes. Just as Niskayuna is and as Boston once was. From each city I have lived in they have molded me into the person that I am today and for that I am forever grateful. I may live miles and miles away and I may not see K as often as I once did, but I am glad that despite all that he and I still have our special relationship.
Bhai/Bams thank you very much for a lovely visit. It was a pleasure to see you, to spend time with Kadin and to meet Parker. Thank you for a visit that will stay with me for years to come :-)
Returning back to London was rough. Not only was I suffering from jet lag and missing New York, but my brother thought it would be a GREAT idea to share his flu with me (not very nice), but thankfully it only stayed in my system for a few short days and I bounced out of it. Over the weekend I did something naughty and bought another bike (I know this makes it the third bike in 2012). I needed a proper bike that would also me to keep up with my team members. "Don't Force the Pace" had our first official training bike ride. We did 14.5 miles around London traveling south through old street, across the city of London, over Tower Bridge (thought of Kristin as we biked over) and then back up. It was a great bike ride with friends, sunshine and especially enjoying the pint and burger post-ride meal :-) Great day ladies, cannot wait until our race.
Miss you all dearly and truly
xx
T

No comments:
Post a Comment