12 August 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 210

This week has just been amazing!! I am 100% glued to all things Olympics. The great thing is so is everyone in the office. It has been such a great atmosphere in the office watching and cheering at the various TVs around the office. Whether its been rowing, BMX, the triathlon, athletics, we all have been glued. It is great to see the emotions escalade when Team GB wins a gold. Truly a memorable experience and I that I am going to be so thankful to be apart of it in the years to come! Cause it is me, I am always going to wish that I explored London more during the games, managed to get more tickets, but that in no way means that I am not enjoying the experiences that I have had.

On Thursday, it was Mindshare's turn to say its farewells to Pat and to thank him for all the work and dedication.  It was nice to spend the evening with Pat and some of our close work friends. It really hasn't hit me that Pat is leaving. With each 'farewell drink' though, the reality sinks in more and more. With it, come the wish that I had more time. Things have become so hectic at work and my personal life that I have not had the 'free-time' to spend it with Pat as we once did years back. Nevertheless, you don't count the moments you don't have, you could the ones that you do. It was a nice evening and a great chance to catch up with friends old and new. I thought the sense of 'family' had left Mindshare. In a sense it has, but for those who were there when the idea of  'family' is what drove us you can see that it is still there. I feel bad for the new generation who have no idea of that Mindshare.

 It has been a great week of Olympic memories. Women's Volleyball, Mo Farah's 5K dual champion win...and of course the Men's Marathon.

For a change of scenery, we went to Leadenhall Market to cheer on the boys. It was a mad house there, but the scene was incredible. It is amazing how people bond during these events. Everyone was super friends, and in such great spirits. Yes the people that showed up 5 minutes to and thought they could squeeze in annoy the heck out of me, but I didn't voice any of my discontent with them.

 I realized that I don't know as much about the men's race as I do the women's. I know the big names from the NYC marathon, but I am not as close. All I wanted to see was Ryan Hall and MEB...both I am happy to say that I did. Sadly, Hall had to pull out due to his hamstrings, but MEB was still in play. What a race he ran.

I have had the great pleasure of watching 3 marathon runnings in London this year! How incredible is that experience!! Being apart of the 2012 London Olympics has been amazing, after Sunday I can officially say that I was truly (well not really) apart of them. Got my 5 second of coverage cheering and screaming for MEB as he ran by!!

After the marathon, the hunt for Wenlocks was on. Around the city they had themed 2012 London mascots scattered in various location. The desire was to find every single one of them, but there was a limit to how much you could accomplish in one afternoon.

Sunday was probably one of my most favorite days since moving here. I watched and cheered a marathon, I explored the city, and felt truly apart of the London 2012 games. I am going to truly miss them. When will I have a chance to wear all my TEAM USA gear again. Good thing the world cup is coming up :-)

London - Thank you for hosting a great games!!

Miss you all dearly

xx

T



No comments: