
On Monday, before heading back to the airport and officially ending our Ireland Adventure, we made one more tourist stop. You cannot come all the way to Southern Ireland and not kiss with Blarney Stone. So that is what we did. Waking up even earlier in the morning, we drove to the Blarney Castle to be one of the first people that morning to kiss the stone. It was a rather interesting experience. You cannot think when you do it 'I wonder how many other people's lips have touched this same spot?' If do it will take away from the entire experience :-) It was such a great long weekend with great friends.

Despite the long weekend and early start for the day, that evening we all went out (bittersweetly) for a few drinks with Pat to celebrate his last night in London. I can remember my first night in London (before moving here) and meeting Pat for the first time at the Porterhouse. It is so strange to think that he is leaving for Thailand and this time next week he won't be around for a pint. It was night to share one last night with him, a few pints, lots of laughs, a few tears and lots of lasting memories. Pat I wish you all the best on your new adventure. It is sad to see you leave, but I couldn't be happier for you :-)

Don't know how I found the energy, but you know I will do anything when there is a dashboard involved :-) After work on Tuesday I decided to go for a run around the park. My ankle doesn't feel 100%, but I have a lot more confidence with running these last couple of week. I had a great run today. Went around the park a few times and managed to do a few hills. It was a great run and I probably would have kept going for another loop had it not been for the fact that it was getting dark! It feels great to be back on the streets -- in a non-Pretty Woman sort of way :-)

The week has been interesting and so has the atmosphere in the office. We are all rather busy in the office, but on the flip side we are still in pitch limbo so we don't know how much effort to actually invest. Its been rather frustrating to say the least. On Thursday there were a handful of us in the office, so to reward those in the office I thought it would be a good idea to have a pizza and beer lunch. It was a nice afternoon break for us. Its little treats like this that keep us going...cause the workload coupled with the lack of decision definitely isn't one :-)

On Friday it was time to kick off the Bank Holiday weekend early! The plan for the weekend was to go down south to Dorset. Rather than driving directly there we made a stop in Winchester. What a lovely town that was. I love leaving London and seeing the different town and cities in England. Winchester has such a great history to it. Being of the initial capitals of England before London it history and landmarks date back to the Roman times. We did not have much time in Winchester, but taking full advantage of the few hours that we did we saw the Butter Cross, the Winchester Cathedral (one of the largest in Europe), the Wolvesey Castle and the Great Hall. Truly a beautiful walking city.

After a LUSH breakfast at Buddy's Dinner (American approved pancakes, eggs and bacon beast with filter coffee), we continued walking around and then went shopping at the local farmers market. We came across a bag stand and I purchased a beautiful bag - - it is SOO pretty. It was meant to just be a camera bag, but I think I am going to end up using this everyday. I wish I bought another one (different color of course). I am such a sucker with markets, I will literally fall for anything..including buying a 'therapeutic pillow.' Did I need a new pillow? NO! Did I need a therapeutic pillow? Lord knows, but I have one now :-)







From Winchester it was off to Dorset to chill out for the long weekend in our cottage (rented). Unfortunately not all roads lead to Dorset, sadly it is just one road leads to Dorset and we were not the only car with the desire to chill out in a country cottage. Sitting in trafficking is by far the most annoying thing. Sitting in the car behind the 'jesus loving couple who kept sucking face' car was even worse. Playing with my new bag however help get me through it. Normally I would have just slept, but really trying to fight my urges to sleep as soon as I get into a car. I rarely make it through an entire trip, but I am getting better :-)

That evening, after settling into the cottage, grabbing a pint at the local it was off to find some food :-) Not really the home cooked meal that we wanted, but the Indian Dinner For 2 was AMAZING (especially as it meant I didn't really need to cook cook). It was a nice relaxing evening couple with a great movie - Billy Elliot. On a side note, I highly recommend this movie if you have not seen. It was really good. I don't know why I never saw the movie earlier. Makes me want to see the broadway show now. I have heard it is really good and touching, and after watching the movie I can understand why.

The next few days were spent driving and exploring the town and neighboring towns. We went to the beach one of the days, but it was WAY to windy for me. Props to the families who were enjoying the beach, water, etc. I couldn't do it. It was nice to see them enjoying the long weekend :-)
I have been thoroughly impressed by the pubs and food places here. They have done a great job with the menu and I have LOVED every meal I have had here. On Sunday night we went to The Anchor and had the most LUSH meal of scallops and lobster thermidor. Oh I have never eaten such fresh and delicious seafood like this (especially on this side of the pond).
Below are some photos from Hive Beach and Winborne.
No comments:
Post a Comment