02 September 2012

Adventures in London: Issue 213

Love long weekends. Don't know what it is about having Monday off which throughly makes the week. Feel truly relaxed with a three day weekend. We were still in the cottage so before leaving for the day I managed to fit in a quick run. Didn't go very far as the hills killed me and the elements changed making it really hard to run against the wind and the piercing rain daggers. It was nice though to get out and be a bit active. I love being active on holiday, don't know what it is. I know you should take a break from everything, but things are so busy during the regular weeks, that when holiday comes it brings the opportunity to catch up on hobbies, personal to-dos and exercise. I followed up on Tuesday with another run through the woodland walk and around the park. Managed to do 4.5 miles. I am supposed to run a half marathon in October, so we will see if I can get my mileage up to 13.1 in time :-)

On Thursday, it was time to celebrate a friend's birthday with drinks at Vertigo 42 (a lush champagne bar with a spectacular view of London) followed by Rhodes 24. It was an interesting evening and not really one that I was expecting to have. I thought I had planned a good night and during my birthday toast I slipped and said something that turned the night upside down. I want people to be happy. I want people to be able to look into the mirror and be happy (truly happy) with the person that they see. I don't want them to live their lives by other people's opinions, validation, affirmations. They should have that within themselves. I don't think it was a wrong message, but perhaps not the time or place :-)

On Friday I caught up with some friends at work for lunch. I don't know where 2012 has gone. We have been planning a lunch for what seems like ages so I am happy that we finally got the chance to do a sushi lunch to catch up on each other's lives. It is always a pleasure spending time with these two girls. Never met two girls with such a great outlook on life and level head on their shoulder. It was great to see them, catch up and reminisce on the old days. It is hard to believe that by saying that we have been there since 2008 means that we are ancient on the floor. Who knew :-) Cannot wait to see them again. 

That evening it was time for a surprise birthday party for Hubbs!!! After Tye being ill, crazy things at work, water damage in the cellar - - a birthday celebration was just what Hubbs needed. I was super stressed that the evening was not going to go as planned. Thought I was going to spill the beans so many times, but thanks to some clever 'white lies' and great friends the evening went without a glitch and we all had such a great time!! I may have had a bit too much fun as the guest of honor ended up having to babysit me for the evening. I haven't been that carefree drunk in ages...and I don't think I have even slept on the floor. Not me at all, but very well worth it. 

Saturday was spent glued to the sofa. Thankfully the hangover McDonald's car made pick-up and deliveries. I should have stuck to beer, don't know why I thought switching to bourbon was a good idea. Any hoot, its done now and I have no regrets. I had a great time and I hope the birthday guest of honor did as well. Thank you everyone for helping me pull the evening off. I couldn't have done it without you xx

On Sunday, we spent the day in the spa. It was a great way to cap off the birthday weekend. My friends should have more birthdays -- hahaha. We had a full day of pampering in store. Heat treatment, massage, facial. Truly spent the day relaxing! Read a bit, went for a swim, and tried out the Hammam which was crazy at first, but then I got used to it once I learnt how to breathe in there.  I wish I was a lady of luxury and could spend more of my days as spa days :-)
Hope everyone is well. Miss you terribly. 

xx

T

PS: Can someone tell me when ear defenders became the IT thing? They are super cute on the babies, but are they good for the child?

No comments: