This week has been my version of hell. It has seen me work all hours of the evening and sadly all weekend. Don't know how I managed to, but I have worked 85hours this week. How does one physically do that?! Nothing like pure fear of not delivering to motivate you to get the project finished. Every quarter we have our country & category reporting to deliver. I have automated some of the delivery and this round I thought I would add some more. Unfortunately the process was not properly tested and the whole process took longer than anticipated.
On Monday, I was still optimistic that we were going to meet our deadlines. I came home not super late and still with enough energy to go for a run. It was too late to go to the park, but I needed to blow off some steam to clear my head so I did hill repeats. I ran up my street, over a block, down the hill and then over to my road to run up it. To those standing outside the shops on Green Lanes, they probably thought I was absolutely insane, but hills were good to clear my head. I managed 3 circuits which was just enough to clear my head before getting back to work.
The week pretty much continued like that, except that I lost the time and energy to go for a run. Instead I worked stupid hours, came home for a 'dinner' and then was back at it. Over the weekend I completely took over and had the big challenge of doing 2 weeks of ETL + QA and 1 week of reporting in 2 days....CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
To take on the challenge I transformed the kitchen into an office, moving the spare TV and using it as a second monitor. I haven't felt that trapped and scared work wise in awhile and it was not a pleasant feeling to have again. There were points when I was ready to give up and crack, but I pushed through it.
The only positive of the weekend (aside from getting the reports done. Managed to get 6 of the 8 done before the close of the weekend), was that I got to spend some time with Kadin. I added a third screen to the office so while the programme ran and the reports were updated it was nice to have some company. We spent a good deal discussing what he wanted to be for Halloween. Wanted to be something scary and being an alien, zombie or a monster was child's play. He wanted to go super scary cause he is not a kid anymore. Was set right when I recommended that he go as Captain America - - that is a baby's outfit Tini Foi...I am a big kid now and I want to be scary! Let's see what he comes up with. I am sure he will look adorable. Love you little man!
Not much else to share. Next week is going to be busy, but am hoping that we are through the worse part of the reporting. Time to start investing behind the technology on how we do things!! I cannot keep doing these weekends nor do I think any of my relationships are going to endure much more of this!Hope you all are well and having a less work manic week.
xx
T

No comments:
Post a Comment