Things have been insane lately, to the point that I have no idea what is reality and what is a dream (or nightmare as it seems to be the case of late). The flat that I had put an offer in for fell through (very annoyingly as I really like that place, but they were trying to take the mick with the fees and then renege on the advertisement of offering the flat furnished). Time was running out for me to find a flat, so to say this was less than ideal was an understatement.
That with all the other stresses going on lately, I 'snapped' on Wednesday. I cannot explain why, but a bunch of us went for a drink and never came back. We have done long lunches before, but this was different. We all had just snapped and the more pints we had the more we forgot about all the pressure, stresses and drama going on. It was not a right thing to do, but it was right for right then. I regret it as my behaviors and actions that night had massive repercussions. I lost something that night that I held near and dear to my heart!! What is done is done, I cannot take it back...all I can do is draw a line under it and ensure it never happens again.
This week wasn't all bad news, on Friday not only did I find a new flat (and put in an offer), but we got great news on our Global Pitch. Mindshare retained the Unilever business in Wester Europe, US and parts of Asia!! It was a great win and great news to kick off the weekend. Granted the global data piece (aka the team I am on) was still TBD, but you've gotta celebrate the wins you get. With this piece of news, over 1000+ Mindshare employees worldwide started the weekend knowing that their jobs were safe. Massive when you look at it like that :) To celebrate the Mindshare bar had a special celebration event!! It was a great evening to celebrate all the sacrifices, stressing, late nights, and lack of scope :-)
That weekend marked my last weekend in N4 :(It has been a pleasure calling you home for the last 18 months. To all the people and friends I have met, I hope our paths cross again and this is not our finale. Will miss N4 dearly and truly! Thank you xx
That weekend whilst packing I had the sincere delight of catching up 'face-to-face' with my dear friend Pat. It was the first time I got to see him since he moved to Thailand. It was great to see him and catch up. May have been odd at first to be over Skype, but once we got it working, it was like old times. I could have spent the entire evening chatting with him. It was so great to see his face, to laugh and more importantly to feel positive when all so many things lately were not!
On that semi-happy note, I am going to go. Hope you all are well. Miss you all dearly!
xx
T

No comments:
Post a Comment