I made a lot of progress on that front, but this move has highlighted that I have MUCH to buy. Moving flat is certainly an expensive quest. There are so many things that I got rid of that need to be re-purchased now...JOY. That weekend, a friend in need called. Probably not what they wanted to do, but we ended up spending Saturday in IKEA shopping for the new flat. It was a ridiculously odd afternoon. It was comfortable yet all kinds of awkward at the same time. Don't know how to quite explain it. Bought a LOT of stuff for the flat ranging from a rug, to a spoon set, to a coffee table, to a bed-side table. Got a bunch of candles and decorative items for the flat too. It does feel odd that I am decorating my new flat with someone that I used to live with.... odd
I am really enjoying the new flat. I am sad yet excited about the place. The landlord is really nice and has been extremely helpful with various questions. Unfortunately not even 6 days into living at the flat and I had my first 'appliance default'...seems like the boiler has gone down. The engineers tried to come out, but were unable to fix the boiler...so 6 days into the flat and no heating nor hot water. Let's hope this gets resolved soon as taking showers as been an interesting ordeal of boiler water and pouring it into the tub. NOT FUN! At least it is not cold outside :-) At least I have X-Factor to keep me company
Miss you all
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment