03 January 2010

Adventures in London: Issue 76

HAPPY NEW YEARS FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!!

Before I get to the New Year Eve's adventures and thoughts on the year and decade in store, let's recap on the last week of holiday.

I spent a good portion of the Christmas-to-New Year break under the weather, but I was blessed with a couple of upright days that I was certain to enjoy. To take advantage of the post-Christmas sales a friend of mine and I went into central London for some hearty Oxford Street shopping where I was quick to kick myself for buying jumpers and shirts on Christmas Eve. Should have just waited those 3 days. That said, it did not stop me from shopping and adding even more jumpers and shirts to the already over-flowing wardrobe.

It was really nice to get out of the flat. I am normally a home-body, but after a week on the sofa and extreme-OCD cleaning I was starting to feel the cabin fever kick in. As much as I enjoy cleaning, colour coding my wardrobe and filing my paperwork, it was time to visit the outside world (also did not help that I did not have an inch left of the flat that required cleaning). I was also pleased to discover that my appetite was returning and we treated ourselves to a tasty pastry after our stressful shopping excursion; I highly recommend to you fellow Londoner and visitors to make a trip to Patisserie Valerie. There are a number of them with an exceptionally delicious selection of cakes, pastries and tarts. I am craving one now...maybe I will run up the street later and get one :-)

On Monday I hung out with my brother from another mother. It was a nice relaxing day with the family catching up and spending some long overdue brother-sister time together. It had been a while since we had the chance to just talk (not about work), but about life, what we wanted to do, etc. We started with bowls of hot chocolate at Gastro (we soon discovered that this was NOT a gastro pub rather a french bistro), then moved to The Sun for burgers and then we chilled out watching Come Dine with Me & Deal or No Deal as his new flat in Clapham South. On a side note, I heart Come Dine with Me. A quick summary, it is a reality TV show with 4 strangers that have to throw a dining party for the other guests. At the end of the dinner, each host in scored. The one with the highest score wins £1000!! When I move into a bigger place, I will apply to be on the show :-)

Well HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! I hope 2010 brings you joy, love and peace.

xoxo

T

No comments: