
I do not have much to share for this week. I suppose the only interesting event of the week was a trip to Zurich, Switzerland for several client meetings. Trips have certainly progressed since my first business trip in 2004 to Reston, VA. It was during that trip that I "visited" Washington D.C. for the first time in 18 years. I had not really given much thought to that trip until this one for some reason. I went with the same boss that I travelled with this week. May be 5 years since that trip, but even he remembered how awkwardly quiet I got when we entered Washinton D.C. How times have changed since that trip. I've gone back to D.C. for a visit and to come to peace with the city, and my business trips destinations have become a bit more interesting. I am happy though that my travel partner is still the same :-) (even if it does involve a 0630 solo gym session cause someone forgot to pack their kit)
Over the weekend, Powers, Biju and I went to Borough Market for brunch. It had been a while since I had been to Borough - actually trying to remember when the last time I went was. I think it has been a good 2 or 3 months. I am happy that the market is still open, but really gutted that they have changed the experience of the market. They have shut down and moved a number of the stalls, so rather than being an indoor maze, the market has been separated into a number of individual markets. It is not so bad once you figure out where everything is now, but it will require me to change my schedule of eating since things have moved around :-) I should not complain, there were talks that they were going to shut the market down, so I should be pleased that it is still open. Even if it is a different experience, the oysters are still the same so I should make a trip more often than I do to the market.
Probably comes to no shock, but the weather was not the best and outdoor eating friendly, so we walked over to Cote in the Hay's Galleria for brunch. I am starting to get used to brunch here, which is a little sad. I love NYC brunch and there is truly nothing like it. I miss Saturdays at Euro diner with my NYC girls catching up on the night before and planning the night ahead. Speaking of planning the night ahead, Saturday night, Lindz, Biju and I went to Tsunami, a Japanese restaurant in Clapham North. It was a quiet evening (which was the exact opposite of what was planned) of good friends, good food and good conversations. It was exactly what was needed after the long week that just passed.

Well, it is not much of a post. The GHF has suffered a bit with some late nights in the office and a massive night out with friends on Friday, but I am still in the plus :-)
On Sunday I tried as much as I could to watch the AFC/NFC games. I was able to sadly watch the AFC game of the Jets vs Colts. I was cheering for the Jets...would have been nice to have the Jets in the superbowl. Looks like it is going to be a Colts/Saints superbowl. Now in case you are wondering, yes I will be watching the Superbowl and yes I will be hosting a Superbowl party to celebrate the game. It is a bit insane to tell you the truth since the game does not start until 2300 (GMT), but this is the biggest game for Americans - how can I not watch. Finger crossed there will be another snow storm. Unlike last year, I will not to travel into the office after 4 hours of sleep only to turn around because the tubes were closing.
Here's to Superbowl Sunday :-)
Miss you all and love you more
xoxo
T
1 comment:
Wait they are closing BOUROUGH MARKET?? I love that effing place! I was totally gong to spend hours there when I show up in April for the marathon. Ack. Tini, keep me apprised, this is a terrible devlopment.
Post a Comment