17 January 2010

Adventures in London: Issue 78

"Just a small town girl, livin' in a loney world. She took the midnight train goin' anywhere. Just a city boy, born and raise in South Detroit. He took the midnight train goin' anywhere...Don't stop believin' Hold on to that feelin'..."

The joy and phenomenon that is called Glee finally came to the UK. For those of you who did not catch the Glee bug, how can I possibly sum up the show. You could say that it is about a Spanish teacher who takes over a high school glee club and they periodically break out into musical song-and-dance. That does not do justice to the show though. Hmmm how to explain, it is like High School Musical for adults with a dose of sarcasm and skepticism. I am probably not explaining the show well. Maybe someone can help me out a little. All I can say, is I am happy that OTH date night has been replaced with Glee Mondays! The girls were in doubt about the show, but I am happy to report that we all are hooked to the store after the series premiere double bill!!

On Friday, we "celebrated" a friend of ours moving to Korea for work. I am tremendously happy for him as this is a great opportunity, but it is going to be sad not having him around the office. To celebrate his last hours in London (literally), we started in Central London near the office and then moved the party to Guanabara, a Brasilian restaurant in Holborn. This place was absolutely amasing; from the Brasilian food, to Brasilian cocktails and beers, to the Brasilian music and dancing - this place had it all. In fact I am thinking of having my 30th party there (wow - did I just say 30th). It has been a pleasure getting to know and working with Adam over the past 18 months and I truly wish him all the best with this endeavor in Korea. Fingers crossed I will make a visit to Korea :-)

To give you a feel about the venue and evening:


During the weekend, I went to my best friend's flat to learn how to cook Sunday roast. I should say by learning I simply mean they prepared the roast and I stayed in the living room watching Aladin while they cooked. I simply did what I do best...observed and then I ATE. Boy did I eat. This was no shame eating too... I ate like it was going out of style :-)

Will admit, I was not the greatest fan of roast since I moved here. Sundays were for brunch, not roast. When my family came to visit, I had one of the tastiest roasts, but nothing compares to the roast I had the pleasure of enjoying this weekend. I am sorry folks, I know when I normally discover a new restaurant or neighborhoods, I am quick to say that I will take you there when I see you, but I reckon I am not going to be able to convince my friends to cook every time I have a visitor. That said, you never know :-) Will use my American charm - is that an oxymoron?
I don't think I have mentioned, but I started running. I am keeping it slow and limited, but I am RUNNING!! If you fancy reading about it or if you are having trouble sleeping you can check out Tea Knee's Journey to the NYC Marathon.

Miss you all

xx

T

2 comments:

Brian said...

1. "Man in the Mirror" is my favorite MJ song.
2. Very excited for you to be running again!
3. We are singing Glee's arrangement of "Don't Stop Believin'" at our spring concert, and I am psyched. My roomie got me the DVDs for Christmas, so if you're just dying to find out what happens, we can make plans...

Anonymous said...

Insanely happy to hear you are running. Tell me more.

Glee--not quite there yet.

I agree. A roast will NEVER compare tobrunch,