There is not much to report from this week to report on. The week was primarily summarised by leaving do drinks on Wednesday for a co-worker. I have come to realise that I am no longer the drink during the week queen that I once was. I used to love going out for mid-week drinks. So much better...bars are quieter and you can sit (I have always been an old lady it seems). Nowadays though, I just cannot do it. I like being in bed by 10pm and definitely need by 8 hours of sleep a night. If I get anything less that 8 and I am absolute rubbish the next day. Oh the days when 6 hours was more than sufficient to get by the next day. You know, I have no desire to go back to those days.

That Saturday the international UK-US BBQ happened. Planning a BBQ in London is a risky task...you never know what you are going to get. The day of the international BBQ - - guess what happened. Oh just take a guess? IT RAINED!!!! Poured in fact.
The BBQ was going to happen...no amount of rain was going to stop us. The food had been bought, so the focus was then put on making an outdoor/ indoor BBQ. How do you do that exactly?!?! Gazebos!!! With the purchase of open tents, tarps we had ourselves a game plan to battle the rain. Nothing was going to stop us from having a summer BBQ!!!

For the BBQ in the rain it was critical to have the right menu. I was really nervous. Not only was this an international BBQ, but it was the first time that I was cooking for 20 people. BLIMEY that is a lot of people. The menu was as follows:
- Bacon Dip , cous cous salad, pasta salad with pesto, goat cheese & beet root spinach salad, Marmite & chili prawns with pineapple and peppers, chicken kebabs, tandoori lamb chops (note to self: do not budget 2 per person - 48 lamb chops when you have 4 courses it way too much), sausages (8 varieties), burgers and then there was dessert. Plus all the food that people brought in addition to what we made. I think I can safely say that no one left hungry (or at least I hope not).

Despite the rain hiccups, the BBQ was a success. Operations went smoothly with courses and logistics. The food was tasty and people were not sick the following day. After the sun started to set and we made way through our courses we headed indoors for some Wii games. It is absolutely brilliant to watch two grown men box each other via Wii...pure enjoyment!
Shockingly the BBQ wrapped up around 0200. I cannot remember the last time I was up that late, but it was wonderful. You cannot argue with a night of laughing, eating, drinking and great friends!!! Until next time folks!
Hope you all are enjoying the summer weather and that it is not raining on your parade
xx
T
No comments:
Post a Comment